Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:52 AM   #11
Administrator

That sounds like a good idea (35mm f/1.8), especially given it's low price.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:09 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
That sounds like a good idea (35mm f/1.8), especially given it's low price.
thanks
i know you hinted the 18-105, but i really want to give the 18-200 a try, and i had to pull the plug as my princess is coming home next week , unfortnately only for 10 days , at least if it does not cut it, i most probably will be going back up with her, to settle her back into school, an i could finally visit my good friend Hector in miami who has been trying to sell me Nikon since i know myself.
the D300s looks good but the price is out of my league, most likely after my baby finishes schooling i would be able to afford it more comfortably, at least i got started and will work my way up from here

Dave
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 12:01 AM   #13

Congrats on your purchase,,
I am in the same boat as you, I sold my K20D and am trying to decide between the Nikon D90 or the Pentax K-7 but most people say the K-7 is surprior.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 5:54 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
Congrats on your purchase,,
I am in the same boat as you, I sold my K20D and am trying to decide between the Nikon D90 or the Pentax K-7 but most people say the K-7 is surprior.
what made my choice was that if the D90 is better than the K20D which i can vouch is a fantastic camera and the only flaw i can say that the K20D has is a focusing issues , then i know i should be getting better,
and was told that ( don't quote me ) the D90 i would see cleaner high ISO, which is a big plus for me. i saw some comparison pictures against the K7, and i found the K20D was good at 800, so clearer i should be

and maths wise the D90 is $400 less than the K7, an for $400 more i can get a D300s.
so for $800 less, i got a D90, started off with some ok lenses, as usual, LBA will kick in, some time would have past, i would have out grown the D90, should have some good glass collected, then CBA will kick in, and hopefully i have out grown the BBA, ( 6 bags in the last 10 months )

Dave

Last edited by dafiryde; Aug 6, 2009 at 6:03 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 1:01 PM   #15

Well i might just take the D90 as well as from what i have read on all reviews is excellent, but for the K-7 on all reviews are also pretty good

Last edited by hercules; Aug 6, 2009 at 1:12 PM.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 3:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercules View Post
Well i might just take the D90 as well as from what i have read on all reviews is excellent, but for the K-7 on all reviews are also pretty good
one thing i could not justify to myself in getting the K7, was to spend $1400 just to get better focusing, where as the D90 has better focusing , cleaner high ISO, a better flash metering system, a constitent metering system, from what i understand so far, than the K20D, and $400 less than the K7,
and one more thing i always boasted about on all forums
PENTAX MARKETING DIVISION SUCKS
these people does not know the difference between their arseh--e from their elbow

Dave
Old Aug 6, 2009, 10:03 PM   #17

Dave-

I have the Nikon D-5000 and I find that I make use of the Nikon 18-105mm more than I do the Nikon 18-200mm lens.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 11:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Dave-

I have the Nikon D-5000 and I find that I make use of the Nikon 18-105mm more than I do the Nikon 18-200mm lens.

Sarah Joyce
thanks, but i really need to see and use the 18-200 to satisfy my mind, at least if it does not work out, i can return it and get the 18-105

Dave
Old Aug 20, 2009, 7:27 PM   #19

a firey sunset
my Princess

Dave
Attached Images

Old Aug 21, 2009, 5:39 AM   #20

Dave,

I have the 35mm f/1.8 on my D40 - its a beauty, especially useful for those late evening shots that you can get at the beach (you're on an island right?) around sunset time.

I was tempted by the 18-200mm but it sounds like too much of a compromise to me. Next purchase is something W I D E.

Matt
mattyb is offline   Reply With Quote