Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 21, 2009, 6:40 AM   #21

Oops, my previous was posted before seeing your pics (cos I'm too dumb to notice that the thread had more than one page of posts ). Very nice.

Matt

Last edited by mattyb; Aug 21, 2009 at 6:43 AM.
mattyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2009, 9:09 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyb View Post
Dave,

I have the 35mm f/1.8 on my D40 - its a beauty, especially useful for those late evening shots that you can get at the beach (you're on an island right?) around sunset time.

I was tempted by the 18-200mm but it sounds like too much of a compromise to me. Next purchase is something W I D E.

Matt
yes i am from Trinidad and Tobago, and as my princess came home for summer we went to Tobago for the weekend, which is where i usually get my best sunset pics, and also it was my trial run for my new Nikon system.
the 18-200 is a fantastic lens, i have always wanted one and this one came with no regreats.
the picture with my daughter for some reason came out looking on the soft side when i uploaded it on to steves website, but actually the original on my home computer is tack sharp, i guess cutting down the size and quality caused that, but to honest i am very pleased with the results so far, i knew before it would compramise some quality, but to be honest , to the average eye, it would not be noticed.
at 100% crop it still looks good and at 200% crop it is acceptable,
i bought the 35/1.8 for when the light gets low, but the 18-200 has covered low light great so far, so i wander if i should have gotten the 10-24 instead.

Dave
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2009, 3:13 PM   #23

congrats on the purchase of the d90 its a great camera i have two im on the market for a wide lens but at current im using the 18-105 for wide angle shots. the more you use the d90 the more you will love it
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:23 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple View Post
congrats on the purchase of the d90 its a great camera i have two im on the market for a wide lens but at current im using the 18-105 for wide angle shots. the more you use the d90 the more you will love it
the D90 has impressed me everytime i have used it so far
the only draw back , is that i got the 35/1.8 for use in low light situations and so far the D90 and the 18-200 has covered everything .
its water under the bridge now , but had i known i would have been this pleased, i would have gotten the 10-24 lens instead of the 35
hopefully , santa would remember me this year, as i was a good boy

Dave
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote