Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:45 PM   #1

Default D3s just announced!

Just got an email from Nikon USA notifying me of the D3s release. Coming next month. Or so they claim. Will I buy? HECK no!! If I do buy a second camera body it will likely be a D700x with 24MP and 1080p/24fps ability. Hmmm...since the D3s has been announced... )
agc828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:59 PM   #2
Administrator

http://www.steves-digicams.com/news/...onal_dslr.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 5:59 PM   #3

Thanks JimC. Didn't notice that blurb as I only have the forum bookmarked. 102k ISO??? CRIKEY!! Hope to see that on the D700x. Along with the 24MP and 1080p/24 spec.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 7:42 AM   #4
Administrator

It should be pretty sweet if it improves upon the D3.

I've spent some time using a D3, and it's a great camera for higher ISO speed use. I was quite impressed with the low light results at ISO 6400 from it, and you can get away with higher ISO speeds in a pinch (although I'd reserve ISO 25600 for lighting when you just can't get a shot otherwise, and you plan on sticking with smaller viewing or print sizes).

If they can get ISO 12800 from this new model looking like ISO 6400 from a D3 (with even higher ISO speeds available in a pinch), then I'll be very impressed.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 9:45 AM   #5

When they do come out with the D700x I'm sure it will be an improvement on the D3. I would think it would be a near duplicate of the D3x but in a smaller body. Only difference being battery life and no ability to slip in the larger battery that sits in the base of a D3/D3x/D3s. And maybe less custom functions.

Question is when will we see the D700x? There were rumors of a November release. Actually there were rumors of an August 2009 release too. Any way if they DO release it next month or early December it would make a great Xmas gift to myself.