Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 14, 2009, 6:06 PM   #1

Default I have a lens Issue

Hello,
My name is Chris and I have recently bought a Nikon D90. I have been out learning my new camera testing different lenses and this is where I think My problem may be.
While looking on my computer at the shots I have taken I noticed on the shots where I used My 70mm-300mm With a 2X converter that the shots seemed to have a bluish outline the subject matter when Iwas Zoomed all the way in. I am thinking the Bluish outline is a result of to much motion and is causing a slight blur but wanted a second opinion.
All of my other shots were amazingly clear and focused. I have had no other issues(YET) other than this one.
If anyone could give me their thoughts it would be much appreciated.
Chrispuzder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:37 AM   #2

Do you take the shots w/o tripod right ?
sangA700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 5:23 AM   #3
Administrator

Welcome. I've moved your thread down to our Nikon dSLR forum, where you may get some tips from Nikon shooters.

Your problem sounds like Chromatic Aberrations. When you use a TC, you can expect some image degradation, especially with a 2X TC. Does this look like what you're seeing?

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ni...-1-8d-d90.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 5:25 AM   #4
Super Moderator

You are very likely seeing chromatic aberrations. See this link for more info.

http://www.dpreview.com/learn/?/Glos...rration_01.htm

Using a 2x TC will enhance any flaws in a lens so usually you would only use a 2x (or 1.4x) TC on higher end lenses. Also using a 2x TC on a 70-300 means you have f11 so you are not getting much light in so shutter speeds will be low, you will be getting pretty soft results as well due to reduction in resolution so pretty much I wouldn't be using one. Unfortunately there are no real cheap ways of getting quality in a long lens.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 5:26 AM   #5
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Welcome. I've moved your thread down to our Nikon dSLR forum, where you may get some tips from Nikon shooters.

Your problem sounds like Chromatic Aberrations. When you use a TC, you can expect some image degradation, especially with a 2X TC. Does this look like what you're seeing?

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ni...-1-8d-d90.html

You beat me Jim!!!!! LOL
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:06 PM   #6

Thanks for the information. Yes this is exactly what I am seeing in the shots. I am still learning the camera and what I can and cannot do with the lenses. I am glad there is a forum for this. I love my camera and taking shots of everything I can but I also do not want to be someone who bought a multifunctional camera so I could use it like a point n shoot. I would post some pics but do not know where to go to get the codes to post them. Any tips would be grately appreciated. Thank you all again
Chrispuzder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2009, 7:10 PM   #7
Super Moderator

It's easy just to attach an image here, check out this link which should help.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fa...b3_attachments

Looking forward to seeing some of what you have been shooting.