Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Nov 25, 2003, 8:58 AM   #11

thanks chrisr! you're right aboout the exsposure compensation. it should be set about at about +.1 to +.3 :shock: . darn decimals ! thanks again. i plan to have a lot of fun with this camera .
pspeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2003, 11:55 PM   #12

at talls camera...competitor to ritz in the malls...they have specials on nikon digicams ....pay no tax!...but dslr is not include...damn!
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2003, 9:10 AM   #13

I suggest you don't use exposure compensation but learn about custom curves for the D100. It requires the use of Capture software but the sophistication you gain is well worth the cost. Once you get thought the learning curve you'll love this camera.

FWIW I got my D100 four weeks ago from Guild camera in Phoenix for $1449. Ritz may be cheaper but I'd rather spend my money at a locally owned shop.
padeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2003, 9:26 AM   #14

thanks for all you input ! i love the camera! photos have great color, and this thing is fast even without an AF-S lense. i was able to snap shots quickly during a parade at disneyland. i used mostly the aperture an shutter priority modes during my trip there.
pspeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2003, 7:43 PM   #15

Default I bought mine on Saturday

From Ritz Camera. To match a competitor at this time I paid 1389.00 plus the shipping of the competitor (24.00) and 2 day Fedex air all for 1430.00. I cant complain about that.
DWalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2003, 8:18 AM   #16

If you are in the market for a D100. Take a look at Broadway Photo. http://www.bwayphoto.com/product.asp?id=nkd100
Broadway Phono also had the Battery grip for $249.00 which I wanted with the Camera. Your best bet for Lenses is to go to either B&H: http://www.bhphotovideo.com or Adorama: http://www.adorama.com as they have the best selection (IN Stock) In any case, hope this info helps.

Happy Holidays...
Spoonaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2003, 12:59 PM   #17

I tend to find that apperture priority with matrix metering works well as a default without any exposure compensation. As I'm satisfied with the results I havn't experimented with Curves, yet.

pspeyer, Glad to hear that you're enjoying using your D100. It's a lovely camera, particularly in the colour rendition department. Have fun !
checklg is offline   Reply With Quote