Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Nov 20, 2003, 10:45 AM   #1

Default RITZ camera sale

i called ritz to see if they'll be having any sales for christmas. so they said they are having a sale after thanksgiving, and to check back next week for what's going onsale. my question is... do you think they will have the d100 on sale? let me know your thoughts. the reason i ask is i'm going to disneyland next weekend and would really like to have my new d100 when i go . and i've finally decide to just get my d100 at a legit place so i don't have to worry about what i'm getting from ebay. thanks!!!
pspeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2003, 11:23 AM   #2
NHL

I got my 10D form Ritz... (and it's never in stock), but the D100 is always there, and its price has went down too!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2003, 9:37 PM   #3

I got my D100 from Ritz. As far as it going on sale, I dunno. I know the price just dropped very recently. My guess it probably won't go on sale, but who knows. Anyways, good luck once you get it. YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!!!
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2003, 12:21 PM   #4

Default d100

wooohoooo! i just order my d100 from ritz for $1399 and i'tll be here monday! now i get to use it when i go to disneyland next week, wooohooo! i also ordered the nikkor 18-35 ED lense/bw UV-haze filter from bh which shoul darrive the same day! just wanted to share my excitement, and my first step into the dslr world.
Old Nov 22, 2003, 12:09 AM   #5
Administrator

Be sure to get some quality "test" time in with your new camera before taking it on a vacation

It should serve you well though, it's a great camera.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2003, 9:57 PM   #6

Congrats on the D100 purchase, pspeyer!!! Do as Steve says and get some test time in on that baby. I've had mine since Sept. 5, 2003 and am still learning it!!! LOL!!! If I can help in any way, lemme know!

Chris
Old Nov 24, 2003, 2:16 PM   #7

thanks steve and chrisr for the input ! i plan to do as much testing as possible. from reading all the reviews on the internet i have a good idea where to start with the settings of the camera, especially the exposure compensation at, ev +3 . if i have any other questions i will be sure to post them! thanks again!
Old Nov 24, 2003, 5:31 PM   #8

PSPEYER, are you in Canada? I was in Kits Camera in Beaverton, Oregon yesterday and they are getting $1499. For those that don't know, Kits, Ritz, Wolfe, and Camera World are now all the same company.

Someone in these forums mentioned that the Canadian price had gone down to $1399 awhile back. That would be about $1000 American! Does anybody know the duty for a $1000 purchase on return to the $US? Victoria, BC is a half day drive and a two hour ferry ride from Portland.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2003, 11:51 PM   #9

nope, i'm in the US, arizona to be exact. i called ritzcamera.com and asked about if there having a sale, and he said yes, and no the d100 won't be on sale but, i can give it you for this! i said deal and got it . good luck!
Old Nov 25, 2003, 12:03 AM   #10

Hi pspeyer! Watch that ev of +3. The most I ever had to do on mine was +1, and at times that was too much. I find anywhere between +.3 & +.7 usually do the trick for me. Anything more than that and the pics come out over exposed at times. Just my 2 cents. Try the +3, it may work for you. The best thing about digital cameras, your not wasting film!!!