Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Nov 30, 2003, 10:10 AM   #21

as to my lttle batch of cameras:

1Ds- is my field camera with a little kick.
A1- the traveler. for my occasional carry light field trips. and family gatherings.
c5050z- actually my wifes/daughters camera until the UW housing is needed. then its glug glug glug for me.

http://www.pbase.com/image/20061499

the rest are 27 years of shooting and meeting my growing wants/needs.

the other items a the result of going from a wet darkroom to a digital one and allowing the crossover. i still shoot w/film especially B/W.

all this doesn't make me necessarily right, just a little poorer.

actually all this stuff is a shoddily planned exercise of self psycho analysis. after i buy all this i can't afford a shrink :shock:
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2003, 12:38 PM   #22

Oh, I'm certainly not knocking your little batch of cameras... Envious actually -- though if you look at all that I have here (all that remains after a divorce some years ago, that is <G>), I am not exactly without "toys" either <G>!

In any event, my point was simply that with that much equipment, you are less likely to be enthralled with any one piece...

Best,
<TED>

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjms
as to my lttle batch of cameras:

1Ds- is my field camera with a little kick.
A1- the traveler. for my occasional carry light field trips. and family gatherings.
c5050z- actually my wifes/daughters camera until the UW housing is needed. then its glug glug glug for me.

http://www.pbase.com/image/20061499

the rest are 27 years of shooting and meeting my growing wants/needs.

the other items a the result of going from a wet darkroom to a digital one and allowing the crossover. i still shoot w/film especially B/W.

all this doesn't make me necessarily right, just a little poorer.

actually all this stuff is a shoddily planned exercise of self psycho analysis. after i buy all this i can't afford a shrink :shock:
tedj101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2003, 1:12 PM   #23

no offence taken.
sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2004, 11:49 PM   #24

how about no black and white setting- i love black and white photography and they have to somehow bring it back because black and white looks cooler than color
goldjake1788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2004, 7:37 PM   #25

I guess I am lucky I have yet to find a dowside to the D2H ... but I bought it for Sports action( what it is designed for) And It is my job to get the lighting sets right, High ISO No problem I shoot at no higher than 800. WHY!!! I spend alot of time getting the light to the sensor, preaty simple..
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2004, 4:42 PM   #26

Only downside I can see to the D2H is that it doesnt leave much room for excuses... LOL You really can't blame the equipment for poor results LOL
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote