Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:59 PM   #1

Default my d700 would not turn off,

When I got home, I noticed that my D700 would not turn off. I removed the CF card,the battery , waited, tried a different battery, but each time I put a battery in it, it's ON! I tried wiggling the switch, all to no avail. It's less than a year old and still on warranty. Tomorrow I'll check on a repair, but wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them. I wonder if it's an omen telling me to either hurry up and get a D3x or wait for whatever Nikon is supposed to have up its sleeve in a few weeks.

Thanks for your any help.
joha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:09 AM   #2
Super Moderator

thats a strange problem to have. i would go ahead and check into the repair. AND get the D3x, the D700 is a damn nice 2nd body
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:49 AM   #3
Administrator

Nikon had an issue with the power switch used with the D5000 body and ended up issuing a service bulletin and recalling a lot of them. But, I haven't heard of this issue with the D700 body before.

I'd send it to Nikon and let them fix it for you.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2010, 5:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joha View Post
When I got home, I noticed that my D700 would not turn off. I removed the CF card,the battery , waited, tried a different battery, but each time I put a battery in it, it's ON! I tried wiggling the switch, all to no avail. It's less than a year old and still on warranty. Tomorrow I'll check on a repair, but wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them. I wonder if it's an omen telling me to either hurry up and get a D3x or wait for whatever Nikon is supposed to have up its sleeve in a few weeks.

Thanks for your any help.
That's a luxury problem.
If you can't tun it on, it's a bigger problem.

As someone already has suggested, this may be a power switch problem.
I suppose it isn't very expensive to fix.
tronds is offline   Reply With Quote