Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:46 AM   #1

Default Dropped Nikon D60 now won't power up

Hello everyone, there seems to be a lot of knowledge here and was hoping someone could helo me out.

My Nikon D60 was dropped while trying to connect to the tripod and now will no longer power up. There is no physical damage and I have checked the battery and the continuity on the battery contacts on the inside of the camera.
Does anyone know if there is a simple solution to this predicament or know of person who can service this for me?
Some of the thinngs I thought might be the culprit are: Maybe the LCD screen isn't powering on? The on/off switch contacts broken? main circuit board?

Thanks in advanced for any help anyone can provide for this misfortunate incident.

x
xfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:18 AM   #2
Administrator

Your best bet is probably sending to Nikon. It could be almost anything after sustaining impact damage. It could be something simple like a loose internal connection, or it could be something more serious like a crack in a circuit board. But, Nikon is going to have the expertise to repair it and have parts for it; whereas someone else may not. You could also have other issues with it (AF sensor alignment, mirror or shutter problems, etc.) after sustaining a hard impact; and Nikon would have the equipment and software needed for aligning it if anything else is wrong.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:38 AM   #3

Bummer

Thanks for the advice though

x
xfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote