Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 9, 2010, 4:16 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
TCav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington, DC, Metro Area, Maryland
Posts: 13,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie26 View Post
any info like specs and price on the new model thats supposed to be coming out this year?
Nothing firm, except that it (they) will be able to record video.

See Sony A700 successor at PMA!
__________________
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 5:18 PM   #42
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
Nothing firm, except that it (they) will be able to record video.

See Sony A700 successor at PMA!

looks interesting but wonder if it will be out of my price range. Anyone remember the price of the a700 when it was released? Might be worth waiting for though.
Debbie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 5:22 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
TCav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington, DC, Metro Area, Maryland
Posts: 13,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie26 View Post
looks interesting but wonder if it will be out of my price range. Anyone remember the price of the a700 when it was released? Might be worth waiting for though.
The A700 started out life as a $1,299 camera. It's replacement will probably fall into that same price range, especially when looking at the prices for Sony's current products. But remember that there's a second camera body in ther too, and that will probably cost less.

But, of course, this is all just speculation.
__________________
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 6:08 PM   #44
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
The A700 started out life as a $1,299 camera. It's replacement will probably fall into that same price range, especially when looking at the prices for Sony's current products. But remember that there's a second camera body in ther too, and that will probably cost less.

But, of course, this is all just speculation.

If its in that price range it just may be affordable. Thank you TCav for all the info. Now there's even more to think about .
Debbie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 6:38 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
shoturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Frankfurt AM
Posts: 11,348
Default

Like all new camera, you will most like be paying full MSRP for the first few months. Then you will see the price drop down.
__________________
Super Frequent Flyer, no joke. Ex Patriot and loving it.
Canon Eos 60D, T1i/500D, Eos1, Eos 630, Olympus EPL-1, and a part time Pentax K-X shooter.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2010, 2:33 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 207
Default

Hi Debbie,

For what I understand is that you use a Sony A300, with a Minolta 50 f1.7. But you never use iso 400 or higher. The slowest shutter speed you shoot with is 1/30. But what aperture do you use?
I use a D90 and use iso 1600 a lot and noise is not an issue at that settings (only if you pixel peep).
So with your A300 at iso 200 and a shutter speed of 1/30, you can get a shutter speed of 1/250 at iso 1600, than you don't need VR or IS with a 50 mm lens.

Good luck with your choice.

Rudo
Rudo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 9:18 AM.