Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 6, 2010, 8:25 PM   #11

I didn't mean to insult you, sorry.

Just seems that everyone these days is always going into Photoshop etc to get the pics perfect. I am not dead against that just that it would be like a breath of fresh air to see people taking quality pics from the off without having to resort to editing on the PC.

Last edited by Koolpc; Jun 7, 2010 at 3:54 AM.
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2010, 8:28 PM   #12

I am a lazy editor, so I modified the camera setting in my t1i to do more of the processing in the camera. Some do not mind editing. But if you not like editing much the olympus is a better tool, the canon is not that bad with some changes to the picture style it is pretty good just out of the camera.

Last edited by shoturtle; Jun 6, 2010 at 8:38 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2010, 8:37 PM   #13

The presumption is that dSLR users are more likely to do post processing anyway. Plus, P&S digicams compete in an environment where oversaturated color is desireable, and oversharpening and excessive contrast don't look bad on the 3" LCD display or on a 4X6 print.

dSLRs are the first step in creating a photograph, though if you're willing to surrender control and accept some compromises, it can be the only step. Just like when using a P&S digicam. They just don't come that way straight out of the box.

Last edited by TCav; Jun 6, 2010 at 8:54 PM.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:54 AM   #14

Look at my latest threads about the Stockholm Love Festival in the "Other" part of this forum. That is shots taken directly out of the camera. The only thing I did was resize the pics. Also look at the "Landscape" part of this forum to see my latest thread "Night Shot Of Stockholm". That pic is also resized. Nothing else done with it. The original pics has the same quality as these.
I havenīt tweaked my camera settings that much either. Only the sharpness is up one step.
You can take extremely good quality pictures with the D5000, but it requires some training.

Best regards/Daniel
DSProtection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 1:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSProtection View Post
Look at my latest threads about the Stockholm Love Festival in the "Other" part of this forum. That is shots taken directly out of the camera. The only thing I did was resize the pics. Also look at the "Landscape" part of this forum to see my latest thread "Night Shot Of Stockholm". That pic is also resized. Nothing else done with it. The original pics has the same quality as these.
I havenīt tweaked my camera settings that much either. Only the sharpness is up one step.
You can take extremely good quality pictures with the D5000, but it requires some training.

Best regards/Daniel
Awesome. Great to hear that.
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2010, 3:13 PM   #16

Thanks Mark1616 & Tclune as a novice I appreciate your advice I will attach a couple of pics jpg and raw for you to have a look and tell me what you think. unfortunately just had an op and my right arm is in a sling. How large should the pics be to load on the forum.

johnmac

Last edited by johnmac; Jun 8, 2010 at 4:03 PM. Reason: missed something out
johnmac is offline   Reply With Quote