Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 28, 2010, 11:52 PM   #1
csd

Default D7000 and Bracketing

I've been shooting with a D80 - and am considering pre-ordering a D7000 (probably should wait and try one!). The dpreview states:
"Beneath the flash popup/mode button is a dedicated button for bracketing. You can set precisely what you want to bracket via the D7000's menu, but this button in collaboration with the twin control dials allows you to adjust how much and in what increments."
One limitation with my D80 is bracketing is limited to 3 shots - so I always switch to manual mode if I want 5 shots bracketed for better HDR. I just want to use Ap priority and get 5 shots (not just 3). Does anyone know if the new bracketing will give the ability to really set up "precisely" what I want (such at 5 shots at -2, -1, 0, 1, 2)?
Looking for more reasons why I NEED to upgrade
Thanks.
csd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 16, 2010, 4:39 PM   #2

3 Frames is the max for the D7000 at up to -1, 0, +1

Spec sheet says:

"Exposure bracketing 2 to 3 frames in steps of 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1 EV"

I think I can live with this, but I am used to shooting _2 to +2 in 5 frames on D700 and D300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csd View Post
I've been shooting with a D80 - and am considering pre-ordering a D7000 (probably should wait and try one!). The dpreview states:
"Beneath the flash popup/mode button is a dedicated button for bracketing. You can set precisely what you want to bracket via the D7000's menu, but this button in collaboration with the twin control dials allows you to adjust how much and in what increments."
One limitation with my D80 is bracketing is limited to 3 shots - so I always switch to manual mode if I want 5 shots bracketed for better HDR. I just want to use Ap priority and get 5 shots (not just 3). Does anyone know if the new bracketing will give the ability to really set up "precisely" what I want (such at 5 shots at -2, -1, 0, 1, 2)?
Looking for more reasons why I NEED to upgrade
Thanks.
pwscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:00 PM   #3

That seems a strange step back. I shoot +-2 with my D90 also.

-Tom
VBT_robotics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2010, 1:07 PM   #4
csd

thanks for the feedback - didn't see this in the spec's I read.
I wonder if the "1 EV" step really means you can't auto bracket +/- 2 ?
Somewhat disappointing - I will wait until released and until I get my hands on it before making a decision.
csd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2010, 5:15 PM   #5

In the posted specs I just read, it says Bracketing +-2 with 1/3 EV steps.
Mystery solved : )
VBT_robotics is offline   Reply With Quote