Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Dec 10, 2010, 12:32 AM   #1

Default D300s strap

The original strap that came with my d300s was very comfortable and folded up small. i know a lot have complained of the logo on the side but my black sharpie took care of that scenario. it was very uncomfortable when worn around the neck, and when slung on my shoulder it would never stay put.
So then i got the op/tech pro loop, once again very uncomfortable around the neck, folds up big, when worn on the shoulder it stayed put. what i did not like was the loop looked thin and the quick releases i did not thrust at all, and that was a very uncomfortable feeling.
So i got the domke 1" gripper, once again very uncomfortable around the neck, folds up small, when worn on the shoulder it stayed put, but starts to cut into the shoulder after a while.
So now the crumpler, once again very uncomfortable around the neck, folds up big, when worn on the shoulder it stayed put and i mean put, this thing is like a magnet, no signs of discomfort after extended peroids. it is very well made with strong stiching, to make it almost perfect i had to include the domke clips from the gripper on to it. these clips are small and strong and swivel and fits neatly on to the d300s eyelets.

so the thing is does any one out there have or used a camera strap that is
comfortable to wear around the neck.
folds up small.
stays put on your shoulder and comfortable for extended peroids.
swivels.
strong quick release but not necessraily required.

Dave
T&T
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 10, 2010, 6:16 AM   #2

Tamrac makes quite a few very good straps in various materials (leather, neoprene, etc). I use the Boomerang...it can be found for a little over $25...it's heavy enough to support my D300, but still lightweight and padded. The size and weight of the D300 is why I use my D5k when I'm using the camera for long periods of time and traveling. My D300 is my sports body or when I need the extra control and durability.

A link to order the boomerrang

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ails&is=REG&Q=

other Tamrac camera straps

http://www.tamrac.com/g_camerastraps.htm
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2010, 9:21 PM   #3

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I use the Op/Tech and find it to be very comfortable and stable for my D300s + grip (even though it does fold up a bit big! For my D90 I use a neoprene strap I picked up at Ritz Camera for $10. Both are much more comfortable on the nect compared to the Nikon strap.

By the way, does anyone use the Sun-Sniper straps?
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2010, 9:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post
I use the Op/Tech and find it to be very comfortable and stable for my D300s + grip (even though it does fold up a bit big! For my D90 I use a neoprene strap I picked up at Ritz Camera for $10. Both are much more comfortable on the nect compared to the Nikon strap.

one thing i always admired about the op/tech system, one strap is so versatile its a shame
in one minute it can move from
a neck strap
to a shoulder strap
to a sling strap ( like the black rapid )
to a backpack strap
to a wrist strap
to no strap at all

what the hell is wrong with me, they have already told me that the loops are made of the same material and specifications as those used on paracheutes. an the quick release buckles are much stronger than they look and mostly fail due to users error

Dave
T&T
dafiryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2010, 10:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelpee View Post

Looks like they're similar to the BlackRapid or QuickRapid. I picked up a couple of QuickRapid straps from eBay and I REALLY like 'em!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote