Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 27, 2011, 8:41 PM   #1

Default Pulling the trigger

Generally it take me until at least Febuary to have that winter blues and cabin fever set in, which leads me to do something to get my blood moving. Well, this year it came a bit early, must be all the snow i suppose. I have been using a D-80 and D-90 right along, and had squirreled away some money to get into an FX body like the D-700. There is nothing worst then spending your money on something now, only to find out that shortly down the road something newer and better comes along, and so it will be with the D-700. With the likelyhood that its replacement will come sooner then later, I decided to pocket the cash for the 700 and wait and see what comes down the road in the fall. So I couldn't just leave the store without getting something, afterall we're talking cabin fever here, Ive shoveled the driveway so many times this winter that I may have to re-pave it come spring. Anyways I needed a replacement for my D-90, something to fiddle with, so I pulled the trigger on the 7000. First impression is that its just about the same size as the 90 although it seems a tad heavier. The main concern was if it would work with my third pary lenses, and it does.....wonderfully. The Tammys seem spot on and the Nikon's are even better. What really go me was the cameras ability to handle higher ISO then the 90. Although not up to par with the 700 or D3, for a DX it is impressive to say the least. If we get some better weather here, Ill have to go out and put it through its paces, and then post some pics. For the price, one can't go wrong here.
emptyquiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:29 PM   #2

Is there Nothing to shoot inside? Macro or even close up? Come on, work out 'something' to play with...work on still lifes...gather books together on a table, some fruit, nice lamp, etc. Show how the various ISO treat the scenes. I, for one have an interest.
lisalonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 11:53 PM   #3

Ill come up with something to compare the low light capibilities between the two cameras.
emptyquiver is offline   Reply With Quote