Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 29, 2011, 5:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
d7000 6fps for about only 2 sec before buffer lag then down to 2fps. D90 will give you a logger burst period before buffer lag.
Really? Interesting. The reason I said d7000 was that way I could sell my video camera setup and d50 and put all the money into a new d7000. Because of the hd video.

Edit: I know the d90 has video but the quality isn't good and I want 60fps recording.
Nikon 50mm f1.8
Nikon SB24 Speedlight
Lowepro Slingshot 200AW
NoFlashPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2011, 5:53 PM   #12

The AF in video is not that good actually. I tried it out in HK for fun. But if you MF you will get good HD results. For video I would go with a panasonic gh2 or the sony slt's

But if you do not have the sd cards in the camera will bang away at 6fps. The second you have the cards in 2 sec later the camera has to slow down because of the buffer.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 5:55 PM   #13

Quote:
The AF in video is not that good actually. I tried it out in HK for fun. But if you MF you will get good HD results. For video I would go with a panasonic gh2 or the sony slt's

But if you do not have the sd cards in the camera will bang away at 6fps. The second you have the cards in 2 sec later the camera has to slow down because of the buffer.
Hmmm. Well I guess I will just keep the gear I have for now and save up some more.
Nikon 50mm f1.8
Nikon SB24 Speedlight
Lowepro Slingshot 200AW
Old Jan 29, 2011, 6:07 PM   #14

None of the dslr shoots great HD as the AF systems are not great when in HD mode. You are better off with a contrast base system of the gh2 or the slt translucent mirror for that.

But if you want a upgrade for what you have for better action shooting in mine, I thing the d400 will be coming soon. The d300 should drop a little in price. 8fps and a big buffer, and stop on AF system. A real winner for a action camera. If you want something now that is better then what you have the d90 is a good choice, less then the d7000. But it will let you burst longer, AF is not as good. But better then what you have. Both are good options.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:08 PM   #15

Quote:
None of the dslr shoots great HD as the AF systems are not great when in HD mode. You are better off with a contrast base system of the gh2 or the slt translucent mirror for that.

But if you want a upgrade for what you have for better action shooting in mine, I thing the d400 will be coming soon. The d300 should drop a little in price. 8fps and a big buffer, and stop on AF system. A real winner for a action camera. If you want something now that is better then what you have the d90 is a good choice, less then the d7000. But it will let you burst longer, AF is not as good. But better then what you have. Both are good options.
Well my uncle's brother works for nikon and can get anything for me half price. Meaning I could get a d7000 half price. Also, nikon dslr's don't shoot great HD? Canon 7d shoots amazingly though.
Nikon 50mm f1.8
Nikon SB24 Speedlight
Lowepro Slingshot 200AW
Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:37 PM   #16

Canon do shoot HD better. And yes the 7D is amazing. But the 7d and d300 are very close as a photography tool, the canon is just better HD system currently.