Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Closed Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
Sure I read the topic and I responded to it and gave you the answer you deserved.
You call that a responce, you sound like you have real issues going on. Take a pill and chill.

Dave
Nikontrini
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdave View Post
The translucent mirror is the deal killer here. Sony has made a catastrophic mistake with this one. It has already been proven to reduce sharpness in the images. So it can take 12 frames per second. Who want's 12 bad pictures?
Nikon made a second generation of the famous 70-200 lens
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:59 AM   #13

even when i was in Pentax forum, why is it every time one trys to talk about another type of system they meet a hostile enviroment.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:23 AM   #14

Do you walk into the Ford dealer and start discussing whether or not they think
the new Chevy is going to be better than a Ford...? Do you go to a restaurant
and ask if they think the food at the place down the road is better than theirs...?
Can you honestly believe that people come to the "Nikon" DSLR forum to discuss
Sony or Pentax or Canon...?

People come to the "Nikon" forum to discuss and get answers to questions about
their "Nikon"... Ask questions or discuss "Sony" in the "Sony" forum...

D7k with old/new glass and a few other things...
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafiryde View Post
even when i was in Pentax forum, why is it every time one trys to talk about another type of system they meet a hostile enviroment.
So you have a history of baiting the subject on forums. Perhaps it is you.

As you noted earlier, you are not interested in buying the Sony or Nikon - or any camera for that matter. You just want to force a "discussion" which with $1.85 will still get you a grande at Starbucks.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 7:05 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafiryde View Post
If I were smart, I'd keep out of this. I'm not, so I won't.

Sony has a past. I personally, when shown a Sony product, will reply "What else do you have". Sony ties products to expensive licensed media, Sony dumps product lines as they buy out the next great thing, and I simply don't trust the company. Pehaps just me, but that's the way I feel.

Now credit where credit is due, Sony is the current force of innovation in photography. They are manufacturing cameras that find new ways to accomplish the task, and that is a good thing.

One new camera doesn't render the rest obsolete, so your original post doesn't hold water. Its not "Camera A" vs "Camera B". Its "Camera A" and its line of lenses and accessories vs. "Camera B" and its suite. Its how price points fall for an individual's needs, and more to the point, there are prior investments to weigh. It's likely to take alot to dump an old system it favor of the latest and greatest. Those that rotate systems like that to stay on the cutting edge will loose vast amounts of money, and by the time they learn to get the best from their new toy, there is something better released by someone else.

What I'm saying is they need to take a "chill pill".

Now to you. Language is important. You can say things to promote rational discussion, or you can say things to promote hostile environments. I see this thread as absolute proof to the prior sentence.

Greg

https://dogsportphoto.smugmug.com/
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:46 AM   #17

Digital cameras must be viewed as disposable items. Every 12, 18 or 24 months a new camera will come out that renders the current cameras obsolete but doesn't make them stop working.

DSLRs are a special case since you have bought into a system of brand specific accessories, lenses and flash units so changing brands would get very expensive very quickly. The fact that Sony has come out with a camera superior to my Nikon is of no consequence to me as even Nikon has superior cameras to my camera but what is important to me is that my equipment still meets my creative needs. When it no longer does I will seek an upgrade path.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 12:25 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nichol View Post
Digital cameras must be viewed as disposable items. Every 12, 18 or 24 months a new camera will come out that renders the current cameras obsolete but doesn't make them stop working.

DSLRs are a special case since you have bought into a system of brand specific accessories, lenses and flash units so changing brands would get very expensive very quickly. The fact that Sony has come out with a camera superior to my Nikon is of no consequence to me as even Nikon has superior cameras to my camera but what is important to me is that my equipment still meets my creative needs. When it no longer does I will seek an upgrade path.
Absolutely correct...!

D7k with old/new glass and a few other things...
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:08 PM   #19

Well dafiryde, I took a pill and then I chilled and your dumb question still pisses me off. Why? because it doesnt matter. There will always be a better something coming along. The D7000 is still relatively new. I just bought one and reading your question here, especially from someone not looking to buy either it is just a question to piss people off. I dont know what your intent is but I personally dont like it. You even admit doing this stunt before in another forum. Look for trouble and you will find it. Now Im going to go take another pill and do some more chilling.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:15 PM   #20
Administrator

OK Guys. Let's keep the discussion civil here.

Closed Thread