Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Closed Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:38 PM   #1

Default Personal view

Just read a bit on the new sony A77, do you think this camera is going to blow the D7000 out of the water

Dave
Nikontrini
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:47 PM   #2

As in life, the new will replace the old. If the A77 blows the D7000 out of the water, as you say, so what? Another camera will come along and do the same to the A77. There is no definitive camera. And no best time to buy. Just be happy with whatever it is that you do buy.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
As in life, the new will replace the old. If the A77 blows the D7000 out of the water, as you say, so what? Another camera will come along and do the same to the A77. There is no definitive camera. And no best time to buy. Just be happy with whatever it is that you do buy.
I am not looking to buy, i am looking for personal views between the two, did you not read the topic

Dave
Nikontrini
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:24 AM   #4

The translucent mirror is the deal killer here. Sony has made a catastrophic mistake with this one. It has already been proven to reduce sharpness in the images. So it can take 12 frames per second. Who want's 12 bad pictures?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:15 AM   #5

Keep in mind that the Nikon D7000 uses the same sensor as Sony's A55, and the Nikon does better.

My guess is that Nikon will soon release a new model that uses the same sensor as Sony's A77, and that the Nikon will do better.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
Keep in mind that the Nikon D7000 uses the same sensor as Sony's A55, and the Nikon does better.

My guess is that Nikon will soon release a new model that uses the same sensor as Sony's A77, and that the Nikon will do better.

have any when

Dave
Nikontrini
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:31 AM   #7

Just read over the specs and this A77 is better than my D300s, even on slr gear the 16-50 lens resolves better than the 17-55 in the same range
Is Nikon sleeping

Dave
Nikontrini
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:20 AM   #8

Sure I read the topic and I responded to it and gave you the answer you deserved.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:49 AM   #9

in what way does it "blow it out of the water" if your talking about on paper, then ill wait to see how the actual photos look before deciding if thats true or not.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafiryde View Post
Just read a bit on the new sony A77, do you think this camera is going to blow the D7000 out of the water

Dave
Nikontrini
I wrote do you think this camera is going to blow the D7000 out of the water , i never wrote that it did blow it out of the water
I am looking for views

Dave
Nikontrini

Closed Thread