Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:38 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 688
Default Personal view

Just read a bit on the new sony A77, do you think this camera is going to blow the D7000 out of the water

Dave
Nikontrini
dafiryde is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2011, 8:47 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Bynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,585
Default

As in life, the new will replace the old. If the A77 blows the D7000 out of the water, as you say, so what? Another camera will come along and do the same to the A77. There is no definitive camera. And no best time to buy. Just be happy with whatever it is that you do buy.
Bynx is offline  
Old Sep 13, 2011, 9:38 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynx View Post
As in life, the new will replace the old. If the A77 blows the D7000 out of the water, as you say, so what? Another camera will come along and do the same to the A77. There is no definitive camera. And no best time to buy. Just be happy with whatever it is that you do buy.
I am not looking to buy, i am looking for personal views between the two, did you not read the topic

Dave
Nikontrini
dafiryde is offline  
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:24 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 57
Default

The translucent mirror is the deal killer here. Sony has made a catastrophic mistake with this one. It has already been proven to reduce sharpness in the images. So it can take 12 frames per second. Who want's 12 bad pictures?
diverdave is offline  
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:15 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
TCav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Washington, DC, Metro Area, Maryland
Posts: 13,543
Default

Keep in mind that the Nikon D7000 uses the same sensor as Sony's A55, and the Nikon does better.

My guess is that Nikon will soon release a new model that uses the same sensor as Sony's A77, and that the Nikon will do better.
__________________
  • The lens is the thing.
  • 'Full Frame' is the new 'Medium Format'.
  • "One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions." - Tex Johnston, Boeing 707 test pilot.
TCav is offline  
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:32 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCav View Post
Keep in mind that the Nikon D7000 uses the same sensor as Sony's A55, and the Nikon does better.

My guess is that Nikon will soon release a new model that uses the same sensor as Sony's A77, and that the Nikon will do better.

have any when

Dave
Nikontrini
dafiryde is offline  
Old Sep 16, 2011, 1:31 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 688
Default

Just read over the specs and this A77 is better than my D300s, even on slr gear the 16-50 lens resolves better than the 17-55 in the same range
Is Nikon sleeping

Dave
Nikontrini
dafiryde is offline  
Old Sep 16, 2011, 5:20 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Bynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 8,585
Default

Sure I read the topic and I responded to it and gave you the answer you deserved.
Bynx is offline  
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:49 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
kazuya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,006
Default

in what way does it "blow it out of the water" if your talking about on paper, then ill wait to see how the actual photos look before deciding if thats true or not.
kazuya is offline  
Old Sep 19, 2011, 7:16 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafiryde View Post
Just read a bit on the new sony A77, do you think this camera is going to blow the D7000 out of the water

Dave
Nikontrini
I wrote do you think this camera is going to blow the D7000 out of the water , i never wrote that it did blow it out of the water
I am looking for views

Dave
Nikontrini
dafiryde is offline  
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:24 AM.