Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:00 PM   #1

Default D600 - From in the bag to in the hand...

I picked up the D600 this morning. Niiiiiiiice...!!!

It's a very compact camera for what it is and is lighter than the D300, much lighter. I suppose to an extent the layout is typically Nikon. I mean, how different can they get from one to the next model? I am charging the battery right now and will have to spend a while sorting through the menus and make some adjustments after that so I suppose it will have to wait til tomorrow before I get in a few shots. I can wait. I'm not always a panic merchant. Don't want the excitement of the chase end too quickly...

I also bought a 24-120mm lens for it. Cost two-thirds the price of the D600 body, so I spent a whole heap of dollars today and I'll need to recover. Next comes the battery grip and another battery. None on the country just yet and I know how expensive they are but it's a necessity so I'll more or less have to get them. You can't go into this hobby blindfolded...
fewpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:05 PM   #2

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I see you are doing your part to keep the economy stimulated . Am waiting eagerly for your report and sample images!
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:17 PM   #3

Hehehehe. I am wondering if I am the only one spending. In the hour or so I was in there I saw no money changing hands. I had other intentions for that wad of cash but ah well, win on one hand, lose on the other. At least this is a hobby that I can always carry forward without it dating too much, so the dollars of todays spendup can be justified over the next few years... Something like that...

Cheers...
fewpics is offline   Reply With Quote