Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:56 AM   #1

Default D7000 Little guy BIFs

Sent my 150 500 back yesterday. I had major focus issues with it and wasted days playing with it thinking it had to be front or back focus, it was not. My little kit lens works just fine. Anyway these are PPd some, I'm still in my learning curve with the camera but so far I am impressed. It handles ISO very well, seems to be very sharp and quick ( with a lens that works ) and even on auto handles highlights 100 percent better than the Oly. IQ seems to be very good and I think I made the right choice in a camera.
These are at 35 feet, 200mm, heavily cropped, ISO 640, F8 in Ap mode
Eric
Attached Images

eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2013, 3:01 PM   #2

While a long time user of Nikon equipment, might scratch his head in wonderment as to why you're excited about these shots, I know how difficult it is to get 2 shots like this with an E-510.

It's like a night vs day situation.

Have loads of fun with your new addition. Were you able to get a 150-0500mm replacement???

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 4:14 PM   #3

Hey Zig,
I'm waiting to hear from Amazon that they have the lens and have cancelled the charge before I replace it. There are a lot to choose from. The guy I spoke with at Sigma said compare side to side and I won't the get the Tamron 200 500 which was in the back of my mind. I'll probably get another 150 500 and hope for a good copy.
Yes you're right, maybe Nikonians are used to shooting small fast birds in flight at 35 feet, I'm not. I can get some really good standing shots with this but I was so impressed it would not only catch them at 35 feet, I could actually crop them to about 30 percent original size and not totally lose the IQ. 16 mgpix and great ISO ability makes this a keeper for me.
Eric
eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote