Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:23 PM   #1

Default D7000 Pine tree

A little like my personality, guess that's why I liked the shot : )
Eric
Attached Images

eharrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:11 PM   #2

Hi Eric,

Well, I asked for a freshly fallen snow scene and you delivered a pretty nice one. Very well done indeed.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 6:48 PM   #3

Hey Zig,
I'm really starting to like this camera. Even with the cheap lens it is pretty impressive. I'm going to get another bazooka, either another 150 500 or the tamron 200 500 next I guess. I was thinking Nikon 300f4 but I'm kind of a zoom guy, not into primes even though they have the edge on IQ.
Then I'm looking at replacing the 55 200 with the 18 200 or keeping the one I have and maybe getting the Nikon 35mm f/1.8 DX. A lot of choices in the short lens group and even some of the Sigmas get good reviews.
Eric

Old Jan 27, 2013, 7:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eharrim View Post
Hey Zig,
I'm really starting to like this camera. Even with the cheap lens it is pretty impressive. I'm going to get another bazooka, either another 150 500 or the tamron 200 500 next I guess. I was thinking Nikon 300f4 but I'm kind of a zoom guy, not into primes even though they have the edge on IQ.
Then I'm looking at replacing the 55 200 with the 18 200 or keeping the one I have and maybe getting the Nikon 35mm f/1.8 DX. A lot of choices in the short lens group and even some of the Sigmas get good reviews.
Eric

Hi Eric,

Glad to hear that the D7000 is meeting your needs. And, I agree, when you get some good glass to use with it, you'll be the happier. Which leads me to my next suggestion, Not sure how you feel about used lenses, but KEH.com has got a bit of a sale going on both Nikon lenses as well as Sigma and Tokina, and Tamron lenses

I'm always hunting for gear,and noticed they have a number of Sigma 50-500mm APO (non stabilized) lenses available. Average price is 616.00. They also have a Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 (Older version) selling for around the same.

Then there is always the Nikon standby telezoom the 70-300mm vr version. for around $350.

This is a great all purpose lens, Much like the Oly 70-300mm lens.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2013, 7:49 PM   #5

Thanks Zig, I'll check it out. That's a good price on the 50 500 which normally runs a bit more than the tammy or sigma 150 500.
You have the 105 macro don't you? I'm lookin at a lot of avenues once I get a big guy for the birds and deer taken care of.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:41 AM   #6

Zig, I took your advise and ended up buying a bigma from KEH. I picked the one that said like new condition. Still half price compared to the OS version. Should arrive today, if we ever get any light around here I will take some pics : ) Next will be a gimble head for the bazooka