Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 5, 2013, 9:00 PM   #1

Default The Nikon DSLR Forum

This forum is fading and I can't understand why, there are so many Nikon users here but for some reason nobody post their pictures.

I'm breaking the ice with some of my last pictures with my Nikon gear and I will start new threads to motivate the rest to do it.

Don't be shy and post your pictures as well.

1. NYC from Weehawken NJ

2. Flat Iron Building

3. Times Square

4. CitiField Mets Stadium Queens- NY

5. Radio City Music Hall

6. NY Sky Line

7. Park Avenue

8. Cowgirl and Cowboy in Times Square

9. Human Rights Protest

10. Rockefeller Plaza

11. Rockefeller Plaza

12. St. Patrick Church

Have a great week everyone.

Marcelo

Last edited by MarceloLI; May 6, 2013 at 8:43 AM.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2013, 9:28 PM   #2
Administrator

All very nice. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully, others will do the same, too.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 4:34 AM   #3

Hey Marcelo

I like those a lot, esp the view of NYC from NJ and the protest shot all look just fabulous. I've been a wee bit surprised with the lack of postings on some of the forums be they just posting pics or asking for advice on the new cam's etc. I've got no idea why thats the case...

Cheers

HArj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 7:41 AM   #4

'love the series. Really captures a lot of NYC! Thanks for posting!
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 10:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
All very nice. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully, others will do the same, too.
Thank you Jim,

Lets see if posting more often will bring attention of some Nikon users and they can post as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
Hey Marcelo

I like those a lot, esp the view of NYC from NJ and the protest shot all look just fabulous. I've been a wee bit surprised with the lack of postings on some of the forums be they just posting pics or asking for advice on the new cam's etc. I've got no idea why thats the case...

Cheers

HArj
Hi Harj,

Thank you for the feedback,

This site is a great place to share pictures and talk about techniques, gear, etc in a friendly environment far from the noise of DPreview

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticdesigns View Post
'love the series. Really captures a lot of NYC! Thanks for posting!
Thank you so much for looking and commenting.

Last edited by MarceloLI; May 6, 2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old May 6, 2013, 10:16 AM   #6

Great images, Marcelo. I've always been an admirer of your work. I think the reason people are not posting much is a lack of response from viewers. I know when I post an image or two, I get ZERO comments but 100+ views. I don't think my stuff is THAT bad but that's what I take away from it. And, if it IS that bad, LET ME KNOW!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 10:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
Hey Marcelo

Cheers

HArj
I think a lot of it has to do with digital camera technology (and specifically DSLR) being more mature. 4 years ago, every release of a new DSLR was offering something revolutionary. You had a Renaissance of people using these revolutionary tools to make wonderful images. Now, the new cameras are much, much more just evolutionary. And the photos - the quality is certainly there but there is just so many people producing quality photos that "great photo" just became common. So, I think people get tired of saying that over and over again.

Additionally, many of the 'basic' questions are now answered by google searches. 4 or 5 years ago, there wasn't such a wealth of knowledge showing up on google. Now, a user can do a search and chances are pretty high that the answer shows up in google.

All-in-all I think people comment less because on line forums aren't as needed by them as they used to be.

Just my take.
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 11:45 AM   #8

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

I am an active Nikon user, but I post my images in the Transportation and Landscape Sections (mostly) since those are the areas in which I spend the most time (i.e. aviation and travel related). In posting them on the subject based forums, I find more folks (non Nikonians) view and post feedback. I'm not so keen on getting feedaback just from other Nikon users. I know Nikon gear is top notch and don't feel like I have to post in the Nikon forum to prove that Nikon is a capable brand.

As John mentioned, perhaps the brand based sections have served their purpose in answering the technical questions. FYI, I came to Steve's first many years ago looking for help with a techincal question on my Pentax *istDL (2003 timing?).

Just my $0.02 worth

Marcello, you images are stunning..great compostions and superb lighting. How did you get access to Radio City Music Hall when no one else was around?

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 3:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Great images, Marcelo. I've always been an admirer of your work. I think the reason people are not posting much is a lack of response from viewers. I know when I post an image or two, I get ZERO comments but 100+ views. I don't think my stuff is THAT bad but that's what I take away from it. And, if it IS that bad, LET ME KNOW!
Thank you Gary for your kind words, I really appreciate it.

I totally forgot that is possible to check the viewers count in every thread, and you are right I noticed some times when you have 100 or 150 viewers with out any comments, provably the system is counting every time people is hitting on your thread and a high percentage are non members of this site, that's why they can't post any feedback.

Critique is important to improve your technique or workflow and should be nice to have more traffic and respectful participation in our forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
I think a lot of it has to do with digital camera technology (and specifically DSLR) being more mature. 4 years ago, every release of a new DSLR was offering something revolutionary. You had a Renaissance of people using these revolutionary tools to make wonderful images. Now, the new cameras are much, much more just evolutionary. And the photos - the quality is certainly there but there is just so many people producing quality photos that "great photo" just became common. So, I think people get tired of saying that over and over again.

Additionally, many of the 'basic' questions are now answered by google searches. 4 or 5 years ago, there wasn't such a wealth of knowledge showing up on google. Now, a user can do a search and chances are pretty high that the answer shows up in google.

All-in-all I think people comment less because on line forums aren't as needed by them as they used to be.

Just my take.
Hi John,

You have a very interesting point and provably the reason why the lack of participation and feedback in this forum.

Actually I found Steve Digicams doing a Google search, I was looking for info about the Zuiko 50-20mm and I found Zig's post about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
I am an active Nikon user, but I post my images in the Transportation and Landscape Sections (mostly) since those are the areas in which I spend the most time (i.e. aviation and travel related). In posting them on the subject based forums, I find more folks (non Nikonians) view and post feedback. I'm not so keen on getting feedaback just from other Nikon users. I know Nikon gear is top notch and don't feel like I have to post in the Nikon forum to prove that Nikon is a capable brand.

As John mentioned, perhaps the brand based sections have served their purpose in answering the technical questions. FYI, I came to Steve's first many years ago looking for help with a techincal question on my Pentax *istDL (2003 timing?).

Just my $0.02 worth

Marcello, you images are stunning..great compostions and superb lighting. How did you get access to Radio City Music Hall when no one else was around?

Jehan
Thank you Jehan for the nice feedback.

The Radio City offer backstage tours for only $20 and you have 1 hour to take pictures of it, there is no people in my pictures because I just waited for them to leave the area and have some shots.
Old May 7, 2013, 7:08 AM   #10

Great series of shots MarceloLi... and whilst I don't shoot Nikon at this time,would be nice to see more from the Nikonites... of which there are many it seems.
A bit off topic- kind of- but one thing I've noticed is that many people seem to be shooting Nikon's in and around towns- and up in the mountains and more peaceful locations there seems to be more Canon shooters...
Curious I know- and I wonder if anyone else has noticed this....?
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote