Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 5, 2013, 10:23 AM   #1

Default Unpredictable Life

Last May 5th I started a thread about the "Nikon DSRL forum" and I was hopping to bring more action and energy to it posting pictures and exchanging experiences and photographic best practices.

I was planning to have small trips with my camera to document it and share it in this site, but life is unpredictable and sometimes you can't make plans for the future.

Two weeks ago my wife had an accident and she broke some bones of her face, cheekbone and orbital plate, she had surgery and she is now in a slow recovery.

Yesterday my Dr. told me that I have a plantar fasciitis on my feets and tendonitis on my left ankle and my two hands, I can't do my walks in the city and the beach doing what I like to do "taking pictures".

I had plans to go next month to Nevada and Arizona to visit some National Parks with my wife but looks like it will be impossible to accomplish.

The problems I motioned and my work are keeping me away from this forum but I'm taking actions to bring my life to normality.

Life is unpredictable and some times it brings surprises to you but I'm not an easy guy, I'm and only 45 years old and this life doesn't know that I'm a fighter and I can't give up so easily.

I will be out of this forum for some weeks but I'll be back with great pictures and stories to share with you guys.

See you soon.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 5, 2013, 1:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarceloLI View Post
Last May 5th I started a thread about the "Nikon DSRL forum" and I was hopping to bring more action and energy to it posting pictures and exchanging experiences and photographic best practices.

I was planning to have small trips with my camera to document it and share it in this site, but life is unpredictable and sometimes you can't make plans for the future.

Two weeks ago my wife had an accident and she broke some bones of her face, cheekbone and orbital plate, she had surgery and she is now in a slow recovery.

Yesterday my Dr. told me that I have a plantar fasciitis on my feets and tendonitis on my left ankle and my two hands, I can't do my walks in the city and the beach doing what I like to do "taking pictures".

I had plans to go next month to Nevada and Arizona to visit some National Parks with my wife but looks like it will be impossible to accomplish.

The problems I motioned and my work are keeping me away from this forum but I'm taking actions to bring my life to normality.

Life is unpredictable and some times it brings surprises to you but I'm not an easy guy, I'm and only 45 years old and this life doesn't know that I'm a fighter and I can't give up so easily.

I will be out of this forum for some weeks but I'll be back with great pictures and stories to share with you guys.

See you soon.

Marcelo
Marcelo, I'm very sorry to hear of these things happening to you. Rest assured, you and your wife will be in my prayers.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2013, 4:47 PM   #3

So sorry to hear of your troubles... My thoughts go out to your wife that she
recover quickly and to you as well that you overcome your challenges...

I've been dealing with some health and financial problems myself for the better
part of the last two years so I am somewhat sympathetic to your situation but
things are getting better and I hope, in time, they will for you and your wife too...

Stay strong, Marcelo...! Deal with what life has dealt you and come back when
you can...

Again, my best thoughts to you and your's...

D7k with old/new glass and a few other things...
Wizzard0003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:38 PM   #4

Marcelo, God bless you and your wife. I will be among those praying for the two of you. I don't frequent the Nikon forum, but I have seen some of your work. Come back when you are able. We will be here.

My Flickr
-Robert-

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2013, 6:47 AM   #5

Marcelo,
I'm so sorry to hear about everything that is happening to you and your wife.
As you say . . . fight, fight, fight!
Looking forward to your next set.
Take care, Glen
tacticdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:01 AM   #6

Just read your post with utter and complete dismay.
Hope you & your wife are on the mend.

Stay well my friend.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 7:06 PM   #7

Best wishes Marcelo for healing to you and your wife.
Nikon D600, D90, D70, N90s, FM2, Canon S3 1S, Panasonic FZ35; Nikon 18-105 VR, 28-70 2.8 Sigma, 35-70 Nikkor, 70-200 2.8 Sigma, 70-300 4-5.6 Sigma, 85 1.8D Nikkor, 55-300 4-5.6 Nikkor, Sigma 17-50 2.8.
Franko170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2013, 7:23 PM   #8

Default Best to you and your wife

I pray for you and your wife on your recovery and look forward to what you are able to share your magnificent work once again.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:58 AM   #9

Prayers for you and your wife. Fight and come back, stronger than before!
paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:07 PM   #10

Marcelo: I just happened to come across this thread and am very sorry to hear about the problems of both you and your wife. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote