Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:26 AM   #1

Default My New Nikon System

I just purchased the Nikon D600 camera and three lenses the 24-120 f4.0, 50 f1.8 G and 85 f1.8 G.

I used it yesterday for the first time for ELLE Magazine coming out this October.

The images on the D600 were absolutely mind boggling. The 85mm f1.8 lens has to be the sharpest lens I have ever used in my 25+ years as a Fashion Photographer.

I am in Love...

http://www.benjaminkanarekblog.com/2...n-6d-question/
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:06 AM   #2

Benjamin,

I'm glad you enjoy your new gear and are having success with it. I saw in another forum you had originally switched to Pentax because they made you a business proposition you couldn't pass up. Is Nikon now sponsoring you? Just trying to determine how much of your choice is financial vs. creative selection. Nothing wrong with either answer - lots of pros working for agencies/media work with gear paid for by others and enjoy great success with the tools. But I think it's important to know when a person providing opinions on a forum has a sponsorship.
Thanks for your honesty!
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Benjamin,

I'm glad you enjoy your new gear and are having success with it. I saw in another forum you had originally switched to Pentax because they made you a business proposition you couldn't pass up. Is Nikon now sponsoring you? Just trying to determine how much of your choice is financial vs. creative selection. Nothing wrong with either answer - lots of pros working for agencies/media work with gear paid for by others and enjoy great success with the tools. But I think it's important to know when a person providing opinions on a forum has a sponsorship.
Thanks for your honesty!
Nikon are not sponsoring me. I purchased the material with my own funds and my own accord. No strings attached. Just like any lowly consumer...Feels good actually.
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote