Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:13 PM   #1

Default Wow, I,m amazed.

I've been struggling to find a way to be able to show my photo's and videos on my TV.
I have now found it. I have bought a media player, it's about the size of a mobile phone and plays virtually any format that you can throw at it . I can download my D5100 + 18-200 Nikkor photos and movies onto a flash drive or SD card and it will play them seamlessly. They are so sharp and well exposed on my 42" H D Sony Tv I was blown away by them.
My old PC is not HD and struggles with the movies. My TV will only play my photos but it is so slow at loading them, this thing just turns them over as quick as you like plus you can zoom in on the details, rotate them if necessary. It's very portable so you can easily bore your friends and relatives by taking it to their place.For some reason my photos look even better through this than when I played them via a usb in the back of the set.
All I can say people who knock the Nikkor 18- 200mm should see these photos first.

Signed one happy bunny....
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadshot View Post
I've been struggling to find a way to be able to show my photo's and videos on my TV.
I have now found it. I have bought a media player, it's about the size of a mobile phone and plays virtually any format that you can throw at it . I can download my D5100 + 18-200 Nikkor photos and movies onto a flash drive or SD card and it will play them seamlessly. They are so sharp and well exposed on my 42" H D Sony Tv I was blown away by them.
My old PC is not HD and struggles with the movies. My TV will only play my photos but it is so slow at loading them, this thing just turns them over as quick as you like plus you can zoom in on the details, rotate them if necessary. It's very portable so you can easily bore your friends and relatives by taking it to their place.For some reason my photos look even better through this than when I played them via a usb in the back of the set.
All I can say people who knock the Nikkor 18- 200mm should see these photos first.

Signed one happy bunny....
That sounds cool. How about some more info. Make, model number, etc, I'm interested.
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:34 AM   #3

Here is the Amazon UK link IncrediSonic Ultra Play IMP150 - HD TV Digital Mini Media Player - 1080p - Play any file from USB HDDs/Flashdrives/Memory Cards.
I was going to get a "W D TV Play" but Amazon suddenly upped its price from 32 to 56. The W D also connects to the internet but I dont need that because my TV has got that ability. I know one thing and that is the WD would not be able to play my photos and videos any better.
Having only just got it I obviously cant vouch for its durability. It's very portable a bit larger the a packet of 20 cigarettes, I'm going to take it to my Daughters next week to show her my Christmas photos on her tv, I'll just plug the HDMI cable (not supplied) into her TV, connect my Flash drive to it, plug it into a wall socket and away we go. There is one thing I dont like and that is the handbook is printed so small I have to use a magnifying glass to read it.
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod
Old Jan 26, 2014, 11:13 AM   #4

Thanks for that.
Just checked Amazon here and they're going for $32.95US. Looking into it.

http://www.amazon.com/IncrediSonic-U.../dp/B006FNCWSY
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2014, 4:59 AM   #5

I played some of my older previous DSLR movies last night via my flash drive which are a different file type to my present camera. It played them seamlessly. I've also put on some photos from my aged Panasonic FZ 7 and to be honest they looked very good as well.
I zoomed in on a shot I took with my Nikon + 18-200mm last summer of ELY Cathedral (Cambridgeshire England) then I worked out how big the whole picture would be = approx 6 ft high, the detail was so good I could have counted every brick. What it means to me is that I could print poster size with an incredible amount of detail, not that I ever likely to.
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod