Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 15, 2014, 12:30 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL View Post
Very true John,

Especially for you; However, most folks in this thread like myself already started with a Nikon lens, so the adapter is the only device needed to augment their lens arsenal by 2.7x time with this camera (hopefully using their existing lenses)

In another word the miniature 70-300 in N1 mount would be a hard sell to folks who also shoot with their regular Nikon dSLR, when an F-mount lens will work with both. i.e. the middle of the road Nikon AF-S VR Zoom-NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED is a very decent lens if you don't mind the regular size
Yes, being a non Nikon shooter does put me at a disadvantage. But since a good used lens can be had for pretty cheap even with that, the V1 and the adapter I would be in for about a half as much as a new DSLR body would cost.

As for the size I could see the miniature being great to pack around but perhaps actually a disadvantage when shooting. 800mm is hard to hand hold as it is and I prefer a little bulk to settle things down, much the way target rifles are heavier than field ones.

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2014, 5:31 AM   #12
NHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelow1966 View Post

As for the size I could see the miniature being great to pack around but perhaps actually a disadvantage when shooting. 800mm is hard to hand hold as it is and I prefer a little bulk to settle things down, much the way target rifles are heavier than field ones.
Totally agreed (and the regular lens option is also more economical)
Old May 17, 2014, 10:18 AM   #13

Well, I got the camera yesterday but the adapter is still not here what I get for trying to save $10 buying it off ebay rather than thru Amzon I guess. But at least I have the kit lens so I can play around and get familiar with things. MF is going to be 'interesting' with this thing for sure. But the size is nice and I could see how the 10-100 on it would be a nice zoo combo or 2nd cam to go with my DSLR with a long lens on it. Rather have 2 cams than have to change lenses.

John

John
jelow1966 is offline   Reply With Quote