Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:43 PM   #1

Default Some pictures

Hand

Car

Biggest handmade cuckoo clock in the world (St. Goar)

Thank you for viewing.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500

Last edited by Lordje; Aug 22, 2014 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Pictures are not loaded
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:56 PM   #2

I hope some at the forum can solve the image problem.
Mailed a few days ago but no answer.

Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordje View Post
I hope some at the forum can solve the image problem.
What image problem?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:43 AM   #4
Administrator

I'm looking into it, and I don't see any reason they're not being displayed, unless code on your host is preventing the hot linking due to the referrer ID or something similar (since images hosted on other sites appear to work fine with img tags around them)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:55 AM   #5
Administrator

I found the issue. If you're using adblock or adblock plus and have the malware domains filter enabled, content on pages from sites including users.telenet.be as part of their name are being filtered by both adblock and adblock plus, even though you can get to the photo directly by entering the url in an address bar.

IOW, users.telenet.be is listed as a malware domain in that filter list now. Search the list for users.telenet.be and you'll find it (at least in the current list right this minute).

https://easylist-downloads.adblockpl...mains_full.txt

So, you can either white list your site name in adblock/adblock plus (or other ad blocking extensions using the same malware domains filter list), or disable the malware domains filter list and your photos will be visible in forum posts again from browsers using those types of ad blocking extensions and filter lists.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 12:45 PM   #6

Thank you for helping JimC, I did disable AddBlock Plus on the forum and indeed the pictures are now showing them selfs.

THX !!

Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:55 PM   #7
Administrator

That was a bit "tricky" to figure out. I run Linux most of the time, and tried multiple browsers (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) and saw the problem with all of the browsers I use more often except for Konqueror (a file manager and internet browser that's part of the KDE desktop project).

So, I tried changing User Agent Strings in multiple browsers next, which didn't solve it; and then tried blocking the referrer ID from being sent (which still didn't solve it).

Then, I booted into Win 8.1 (my computers are setup in multi-boot configurations with both linux distros and windows installed), and still saw the problem in most browsers. Then, I tested with images from other sites on the same host domain (users.telenet.be) and realized they didn't work either (making it less likely you had something like a custom htaccess file setup for your images blocking hot linking from specific sites like ours, since it looks like each site on that host has control of that kind of thing themselves.

Then, I looked at extensions installed and realized that I had adblock, adblock plus or similar installed in most browsers running under both linux and windows; and sure enough, when I looked at what was being filtered, content from sites with users.telenet.be in their name were being blocked by the malware domains filter used by those types of adblock extensions. I subscribe to the malware domains filter list (one of several I use with extensions like adblock and adblock plus), since that adds another layer of protection from pages hosting malware; and it sounds like you have that filter list included, too.

I don't know what you'd need to do to get users.telenet.be removed from that malware domains filter list; as I can imagine a *lot* of site owners hosting content there are pretty upset at it being added to that filter list (if they figure out what's causing these types of problems). If they found malware, IMO, they should have blocked the specific subdomain pages that malware was found on, versus adding any address including users.telenet.be to the filter list (since many site owners hosting content there would be included that way).

Fun, huh?

In any event, it's not a problem with the way our forums software is working. It's a problem with the way adblock and similar extensions are filtering the content from users.telenet.be if the malware domains list is being subscribed to by those adblock extensions; and you're using a browser with those types of filters being used.

Hopefully, they'll get enough complaints from site owners hosting content on pages at users.telenet.be so that it will be removed from the malware domains filter list soon. You may want to complain to them about it, too (and/or complain to your host provider at telenet.be about it and let them take it up with the maintainers of the malware domains filter list).
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:21 PM   #8

Hey Jim

If this is what you have to go thru on a regular basis to work out & help us fellas & gals out with our 'simple' problems, I'd hate for you to have a hard problem to solve

-and- I hope you're getting paid for this too

Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2014, 12:33 PM   #9

Nice SAAB
SIMON40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2014, 1:07 PM   #10

So, did JimC solve the image problem you mentioned, or were there problems with the actual images you posted beyond just the way they appeared here?
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote