Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:46 PM   #11

It would be nice if people would post more pictures and talk about that instead waiting till there happens a technical problem.
The Olympus section does have more activity it seams, why can't be so in the Nikon section?

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:44 PM   #12

The Post Your Photos section is for posting your photos.

The Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot), Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras, and Mobile Devices (Tablets, Smart Phones) sections are for discussing cameras and accessories.

That is, a post of a photo of a bird shouldn't be brand specific, unless it demonstrates a feature or problem.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2014, 3:41 AM   #13

I am becoming disenchanted with this forum............perhaps I don't fit in .That being the case I will consider leaving.
jopeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:47 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopeter View Post
I am becoming disenchanted with this forum ...
Why? What are you looking for that you're not finding here?
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordje View Post
It would be nice if people would post more pictures and talk about that instead waiting till there happens a technical problem.
The Olympus section does have more activity it seams, why can't be so in the Nikon section?
I don't really know what I am looking for ,doesn't answer your question but I tend to agree with Lordje . Many images just get lost .....perhaps a section called '' Latest Image ''. Instead the forum seems to go on and on about the same photo and how it can be improved .....that's fine but it does seem a bit overdone . I say this as a new member , just how I see it!
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:25 PM   #16

If most of what you want to do is showcase your work, there are plenty of sites for that.

Steve's is about the art and science of photography. From my perspective, it's for people who want to improve.

I'm pleased to be a part of this.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:36 PM   #17

That's settled it .........I'm outa here! It seems that there is no place here for the not so proficient photographer only the ''Club '' members!
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:12 AM   #18

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Quote:
I don't really know what I am looking for ,doesn't answer your question but I tend to agree with Lordje . Many images just get lost .....perhaps a section called '' Latest Image ''. Instead the forum seems to go on and on about the same photo and how it can be improved .....that's fine but it does seem a bit overdone . I say this as a new member , just how I see it!
Quote:
That's settled it .........I'm outa here! It seems that there is no place here for the not so proficient photographer only the ''Club '' members!
TCAV is correct in that if you want to post pictures, use the other sites as well as other sections of the forum where you can showcase your work or even ask for critiques. You can also submit images for the Photo of the Day contest here at Steve's. While the Olympus and Pentax forums have more in the way of photo sharing, the brand specific forums are more for technical issues/questions.

Sorry that you feel unwelcome and not part of the "club". There is no club to speak of. I've gotten a lot of help from Steve's and continue to learn from and contribute to the forum. Having said that, I must admit that my degree of participation is lower due to other priorities in my life.

Jehan
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:43 AM   #19

Quote:
I'm sorry you feel that way. From my perspective, we try hard to help the "not so proficient photographer" become more proficient.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 12:33 PM   #20

I still think you Shouf take a closer look to the Olympus part. This is really active, living and usefull.
The picture posting in the brand section is very good to learn about things.
I do agree picture of a flower can be made on every brand or model, but settings and lens specific things really differ.
I have the feeling the Nikon section has no interested in this.
More the we have a Nikon camera, so... Attitude.
People want to learn from each other, to grow in using their camera.
All I can ask for is to think once deeply on this.

Nikon D800, Olympus E-500
Lordje is offline   Reply With Quote