Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:30 AM   #1

Default Nikon D40 two photos

I thought I would share two photos I took with the D40 last year after reading Marcelo's post.

I am new to photography so have a ton to learn, these are not perfect shots but I am learning slowly.
I like macro photography and own two bridge cameras but really wanted to try a DSLR, hence the d40.

To be honest I am finding the controls difficult and frustrating but it may come out again this year.

Comments/advice welcome.
Attached Images

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
eysha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:11 PM   #2

Edith,

Those shots are great, love the colors and composition specially the 1st one.

The creamy background also add a nice effect to the entire picture.

I don't have a macro lens with my Nikon gear but provably I will get some close up filters that are very inexpensive and offer a great magnification.

This one is with the Nikon D300 and a 300mm f4 prime.

Have a great day.

Marcelo
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2015, 1:48 PM   #3

WOW - they are beautiful, really lovely. I think I dislike my D40 because it is so slow/lag. I would love a faster more modern DSLR but cannot afford one unfortunately.
I used the macro lens from my Panasonic with a step up ring. I have no idea about filters though, tell me more.

Panasonic FZ200 + Panasonic FZ38 + Macro & Tele Kit (DMW-LC55 + DMW-LT55 + DMW-LA5) Canon 60D +18-55mm lens+ 70-300mm lens.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 9:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eysha View Post
WOW - they are beautiful, really lovely. I think I dislike my D40 because it is so slow/lag. I would love a faster more modern DSLR but cannot afford one unfortunately.
I used the macro lens from my Panasonic with a step up ring. I have no idea about filters though, tell me more.
Thank you Edith,

Macro lenses usually are expensive, another options to replace it are close up filters that are just magnifying lenses you put it on front of a regular lens. The results are fantastic but the focus area is very shallow.

This picture was shoot with an Olympus camera and a macro lens attached to the 14- 54mm f/2.8

Another option is the Raynox DCR-250mm lens attachment.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2015, 7:07 AM   #5

Very nice detail. I do like an Olympus and still have my 3.1 meg C760 Olympus. It still takes great shots too.