Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 4, 2004, 2:02 PM   #1

Default D2H vs 10D

Has anyone had any experience in using the Nikon D2H for studio portrait shots? I am still contemplating buying the Canon 10d, as the main purpose for my dslr will be studio portraits, but figured the D2H will prove much better for sports shots which i do very occassionally. any info on either of these cameras will be much appreciated.
KiwiCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2004, 2:13 PM   #2

10D -> Amatuer dSLR, well balanced all around camera, very capable studio camera, acceptable sports photography (non-pro), low noise at higher ISO, average burst capability, nice color rendition, good build quality. A Corvette of Intermediate dSLR's.

D2H -> Professional dSLR, insane burst capability, wifi option, great build quality, great studio camera & Great sports/action shooting camera, nice color rendition, A Porshe 911 Turbo of dSLR's.

10D -> $1500 US
D2H -> $3200 US

If you have money to burn go with the D2H

Otherwise the 10D will serve you well at less then 50% of the cost of the D2H. Do you really need the 8 frames per second for 40 frames?? LOL

just my worthless opinion
mrkryz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2004, 6:29 PM   #3

You're comparing apples to oranges
the D100 is more or less comparable to the 10D -> $1500
The D2H is more or less comparable to the 1D -> $3500
The Canon 1D Mark II is comparable to the 1D or D2H but it is 8MP instead of 4 -> $4500
LTBerry is offline   Reply With Quote