Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 18, 2017, 2:41 PM   #1

Default Hot pixels ...

On the Oly E DSLr's you could pixel map hot pixels in camera and I was wondering if the Nikons do the same, from the looks of this thread they do but has anyone tried to see if it works ?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 22, 2017, 5:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarjTT View Post
On the Oly E DSLr's you could pixel map hot pixels in camera and I was wondering if the Nikons do the same, from the looks of this thread they do but has anyone tried to see if it works ?
Hi Harj,
Since I switched from Oly E-30 dslr, I've owned a D90, D7000, D600, D610, and for the last 2yrs have been using a D800 for my commercial photographic work. I've not encountered hot pixels.
I've had other problems, most notably with the D600, which had severe oil spots issues on the sensor. And, from time to time I have spots that can easily be removed in editing. They probably wouldn't be there if I used the sensor cleaning function in the cameras program.

The link you posted appears to talk about fixes for cameras that experience some hot pixel issues after they have been on trans-atlantic flights. (at least the posts that I read)

While I haven't flown across the Atlantic, I have flown a fair amount across the country without noticing this problem.

But, I'm not a high ISO shooter and don't typically go above 1600.

Hope this helps
Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.

Last edited by zig-123; Mar 22, 2017 at 6:05 PM.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2017, 7:36 PM   #3

Hi Zig

I was looking at a D800 (second hand - 22K shots) and noticed a bright single pixel which stood out like a sore thumb at ISO 100 in the sample pics i took while in the store. All 10 pics that I took had the that single bright pixel so now that I've done some more research I think it was dead pixel and hopefully the sensor clean remaps those as well.

I missed out on the that D800, by the time I got to the store to buy it, it was gone.

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote