Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:31 PM   #1

Default D800 On Trend Fashion Runway show

Late to Sept to Mid Oct is Fashion month in London and there's a 3 day fashion runway show by "On Trend" being staged at the Westfields Stratford shopping centre. This was my first attempt at taking pics of pro models in nearly 3 years, so I'm not expecting anything special and get back to doing teh od portrait or fashion look was another reason for getting the D800.

All pics with the 85mm 1.8G .. its such a fantastic lens and seems to be ideal for these kind of distances. I wasn't shooting wide open but at F4-5 1/400s @ ISO400. No flash .. just available light. WHat I noticed that with the models with dark eyes, the AF very rarely missed focus but with the models with hazel or lighter colour it could be a little hit or miss. All pics processed in LR and cropped if needed and turned into BW.

Yesterdays shoot reminded me of my habit of occassionally missing out feet or hands which is a def no no. So I went back today for an hour to correct those mistakes and to see if I could change the composition.

Here's a few snaps from yesterdays and today:

The rest of the pics from the gallery are here:

https://harjtt.smugmug.com/Photograp...2017/n-xSFkBn/

Be good to know what you guys and gals think. Is the white balance off .. some of the skin tones look too warm to me in a few of the pics?

Cheers

Harj

Last edited by HarjTT; Sep 24, 2017 at 9:33 AM. Reason: Feedback on Whitebalance
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links