Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 23, 2004, 10:24 AM   #1

Default Best price for D70

Hi!

Can anybody recommend a place in Canada/USA to shop for a D70? I'm only entering the SLR scene, and being a student the budget is tight!

Thank you!
M
Maritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2004, 7:41 PM   #2

Being that the d70 is so new, I doubt your going to fine many, if any dealers going below the asking price which is $1000 for the body only and $1299 for the body and lens. If you can wait after the initial excitment has calmed and the camera is not back ordered, then you'll probably begin to see a bit of competition in the price.

As far as reliable places to buy the camera, I'd look at www.adorama.com, www.bhphotovideo.com, and www.wolfcamera.com. I ordered mine mine at wolfcamera.com on 2/29 and they did not charge my card untill it shipped. It shipped Friday, March 19th and I received it Monday, March 22nd. Shipping was free and no tax of course.
mdparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2004, 11:01 AM   #3

Default Support your Local camera shop

If one is still available, support your local camera shop.
Even if the price was slightly higher that is an investment. But for new models the prices are very likely to be the same.
Support your local economy and preserve your pleasure to actualy deal with people that care for photography.
IMO the way an SLR feels is a huge part of the decision process. You do not get that shopping online.
As a customer and cannot believe that a city the size of Houston has only about 3 real photo shop left.
Hpoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2004, 9:11 PM   #4

Default Best Price

Just ordered my kit from Ritz Camera, paid $1199.00

Carlos
carlos74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2004, 12:08 PM   #5

Default Re: Best Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos74
Just ordered my kit from Ritz Camera, paid $1199.00

Carlos
with a Quantaray 19-35mm ?
I do not know anything about that lense and I would definitely would prefer a Nikon ( or Sigma) Lense
Hpoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2004, 11:34 PM   #6

Default Re: Best price for D70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritz
Hi!

Can anybody recommend a place in Canada/USA to shop for a D70? I'm only entering the SLR scene, and being a student the budget is tight!

Thank you!
M
Wait for at leat 3 more months before you can get any further discount than $999 and $1,299 (with the lens). They are selling like hot cake now at those prices, no one will attempt to offer any additional at this time when the demand is more than the supplies.

Cheers
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote