Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 28, 2004, 4:49 AM   #1

Default Err message???

Have a problem with a D1H.
Last friday i was out to shoot some pic's... and well it worked fine for about 2 minutes.(around 50 pic's). then the cam presented an ERR message in the display and the viewfinder went all black (strange) , so i changed the mem card to an old lexar 16 mb. And the camera worked for about 2 shots..and then the err message came up again... but i could snap some shots (even though the err message was displayed) before it died again.
tried to change the battery..but no change.
Since then i haven't been able to get it working again...and thats a pain... :evil:
The funny thing is that now even without any memory card the viewfinder is black... if i remove the lens i can see thrue the viewfinder.( a nikon 28 105 3.5-4.5 d if)
anyone who know how to fix it??
Or can tell me whats wrong...
regards M
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2004, 6:14 PM   #2

I will asume the the D1h has a small reset button Like the D-100 and the D2H has, it should be shown in your Manual.. It is usually under the Conection cover.. Use a small tip of something to push this in it will re-set to factory defaults.. If this fails to work i am afraid you will have to seek service..
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2004, 7:07 PM   #3

If you have access to another lens, try it. This way you can isolate your problem to a faulty lens or a faulty camera.
mdparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2004, 8:33 PM   #4

If your lens has a variable aperture ring, make sure it is locked in the the smallest aperture setting. (e.g. largest f-stop number). Most Nikon lenses and many 3rd party lenses have a little slide button that locks the aperture ring.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2004, 10:04 AM   #5

Default fixed ( i hope)

hi all.. and thanx for all the help.. i think ihave found out whats been causing all the problems.. seems to be the batteries
so now i am a happy photografer again
(as soon as i have tried a new batt that is,...)

regards M
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote