Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 30, 2004, 11:44 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
dcrawley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 392
Default Nikon's response to the moire issue

Nikon has updated their website and FAQ's for the D70.

http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin...Z2U9MQ**&p_li=
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 30, 2004, 12:33 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3
Default

Well found link, as mentioned in my previous post, my experience of moire is that it is caused by a naturally sharp image from the sensor. This is, as Nikon point out, what they have gone for and is a decision which results in great image for 95% of the time. The other 5% can be dealt with in software afterwards rather than dealing with sharpening 100% of your images in software afterwards.
DreaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2004, 2:56 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 365
Default

Well, seeing as I haven't seen moire yet in my week old camera, I can live with the possibility I'll eventually see it from time to time
mdparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2004, 10:00 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 16
Default thanks

very interresting. thank you.
Hpoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2004, 5:40 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Onyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 402
Default

I haven't experience moire problems with my D70 even when I've deliberately gone out to find it. I think the online reports have been largely exagerrated.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:01 PM.