Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Nikon dSLR (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/nikon-dslr-57/)
-   -   D70 Sealed Box? (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/nikon-dslr/24029-d70-sealed-box.html)

kmurray24 Apr 17, 2004 12:02 AM

D70 Sealed Box?

Hi, I bought a D70 from my local Ritz, but the package wasn't sealed. They assured me that it wasn't used and all boxes were like that. But, when I got home and charged up the battery there was pictures on it from the local mall. Does the new D70 come in a Sealed Box? If you could reply to my email as well that would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks for your time

PKchopper Apr 17, 2004 1:39 AM

How was a picture on it from the local mall?

Are you saying that it came with a memory card?

Check your packing/shipping list and you should not see a memory card as one of the items included.

kmurray24 Apr 17, 2004 8:30 AM

Hmmm. It actually has some kind a test memory card in it. I'd have to open it again to check it out. But, if you say it shouldn't then I've got 'em.
Thanks!

mdparker Apr 17, 2004 9:18 AM

I'm thinking my box may not have been sealed either .... can't remember with 100% certainty. I can tell you for sure though that it does not come with any memory at all so if there was a CF card in the box, someone had opened it.

kmurray24 Apr 17, 2004 10:11 AM

Thanks everyone... It does have some kind of Nikon Test Memory card that I'm sure they where playing around with and just forgot to remove it. It burns me that they said it was not used at all. Did the box you received have an actual seal on it?

Thanks for the help! I am sure to bring it back today under the Ritz 10 day return policy! I didn't install any of the software!

Thanks again!

steve Apr 17, 2004 7:19 PM

The box is -not- sealed and it is quite common that Nikon USA open it and test it. Be glad that they did :D

-Steve

kmurray24 Apr 17, 2004 9:49 PM

Thanks for the help. I would feel better if there were dealers that sell demos and say they arent...

Thanks again for your contributions....

Keep up the good work!

Ronnie948 Apr 18, 2004 8:36 AM

They all open the boxes

When going in to look at A camera that is new out and a hot seller I noticed the first thing they do at most places is grab A camera box and take it out of the box and hand it to you to look at, after looking they replace it in the box to sell it or show it again. Ritz ain't the only place that does it. They all do it when an item is Hot on the sell list and they don't want to use one as A demo. You are lucky, You got A free CF card out of the deal.

Planetpapi Apr 27, 2004 9:44 AM

Re: They all open the boxes

I had the same question before but the guys at BestBuy told me that only Kodak and Sony comes with a seal. :D

digcamfan Apr 27, 2004 7:41 PM

Hopefully, that "test CF" was a 1 GIG card!!!

:D