Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 24, 2004, 9:36 AM   #1

Default Thank YOU Steve!!!!

Just thought I'd share this with the great people in these forums and of course....Steve! About a year ago, I accidentally fell into this website after searching for information on a camera for a client of mine. Because of all the help I was able to find in here and all of Steve's reviews, today I own 3 great cameras, all perfect for their own purpose (cameras in sig). Steve, you have a great site here, it's nice to see how successfull this site is, and all 'cause of your amazing efforts to keep us informed and up to date with the latest digicam news, etc...

Once again, thanks for this amazing service you offer, and I can now tell my wife it is your fault I've spent over $5000 in equipment so far!!! :mrgreen:
private is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2004, 10:49 AM   #2

if your ever in the mood to drop 5,000 more dollars i'll be here
a 10d is fine with me
(oh i'm a poet and don't knowit) lol

your are absolutely right though....this is a spectacular website/forums
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2004, 11:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by photosbyvito
if your ever in the mood to drop 5,000 more dollars i'll be here
a 10d is fine with me
(oh i'm a poet and don't knowit) lol

your are absolutely right though....this is a spectacular website/forums
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old Apr 24, 2004, 1:23 PM   #4

BTW, I just got my D70 yesterday, although I'm not a pro in any way (for now), this baby rocks! Compared to my Digital Rebel, I have noticed that it is alot easier to use, has many more features, and improved white balance! Nikon did an excellent job with this product. As far as image quality is concerned, it is exactly what I expected from Nikon. I've read reviews with nothing but negative comments, all I can say is nothing is perfect, you learn the goods and the bads for each camera you own and find a way to make the best out of every situation. I use my CP5400 for everyday shooting, partys, gatherings etc.... My Rebel for outdoor events, sports, the occasional landscape.... and now my D70 will be used for that special moment, portraits, weddings...blah blah blah!

Thanks for all the info Steve, and thank you Nikon for delivering a great camera!
Old Apr 24, 2004, 6:39 PM   #5

From me as well. Steve is Great
daliiinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 1:30 AM   #6

Yes, I'll echo these sentiments: thank you Steve!

And thank you to everyone who goes to make up this wonderful forum community. It's certainly facilitated my photgraphic/knowledge growth.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2004, 8:12 PM   #7

Awesome, private

Let us know when you get that first paying gig with your N70!!!

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2004, 9:02 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by digcamfan
Awesome, private

Let us know when you get that first paying gig with your N70!!!

Hi digcamfan, I own these cameras for fun and pleasure, more of a hobby than anything else, dont see myself making any money with them!
Old Apr 29, 2004, 7:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by private
.... My Rebel for outdoor events, sports, the occasional landscape....
I've read varing comments on the Rebel for sports, some feeling the 2.5 fps is too slow. How do you find it compared to the D70? I'm seriously contemplating the DSLR plunge primarily for sports, including swimming and diving. I have always wanted a Nikon SLR, but "settled for" (and I use that term very loosley) Canon. As a result, I have 28-105 and 100-300 Canon EF lenses and would probably be considered a fool to sell it all and buy Nikon. Still . . . :? Any thoughts in that regard?

I've also considered a completely different tact, the Minolta Z2 :shock: . The thought here is the 1.3MP 10fps mode would be outstanding for capturing the right instant swimming and diving, but the image quality would suffer some. Prints would be limited to no more than 5x7, but most of our viewing is on the PC or TV anyway. Thoughts anyone :?:
abergfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 9:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by abergfeld
Quote:
Originally Posted by private
.... My Rebel for outdoor events, sports, the occasional landscape....
I've read varing comments on the Rebel for sports, some feeling the 2.5 fps is too slow. How do you find it compared to the D70? I'm seriously contemplating the DSLR plunge primarily for sports, including swimming and diving. I have always wanted a Nikon SLR, but "settled for" (and I use that term very loosley) Canon. As a result, I have 28-105 and 100-300 Canon EF lenses and would probably be considered a fool to sell it all and buy Nikon. Still . . . :? Any thoughts in that regard?

I've also considered a completely different tact, the Minolta Z2 :shock: . The thought here is the 1.3MP 10fps mode would be outstanding for capturing the right instant swimming and diving, but the image quality would suffer some. Prints would be limited to no more than 5x7, but most of our viewing is on the PC or TV anyway. Thoughts anyone :?:
If I were to choose one of them 2, I'd go for the Nikon D70 without doubt. If you already have Canon lenses though...different story!