Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 24, 2004, 3:45 PM   #1

Default Decided to wait it out

Well I just returned my D70 for a refund. I plan to wait it out and see if there are any firmware updates and allow them to be in production for a while. I really will miss using the camera.
tksuther is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2004, 4:21 PM   #2

why did you return it? did you have any problems/issues with it?
private is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2004, 6:40 PM   #3

Why? Was there a problem with it? I've had my D70 for four days now and I couldn't be happier.
My C5050 was a great camera but there is no comparing the two.I bought the camera body because the kits are hard to come by.I bought a Tamron SP 24 - 135 lens to go with it and it is also great. IMO
Sorry you didn't like yours but I'm really enjoying mine.I think its an awsome camera! IMO.
Good Luck on your next purchase..
EasyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 1:28 AM   #4

Sad to hear tksuther, as from what I gather from your other posts, it seems you got a particularly bad sample - one seemingly with a genuine fault (and not just paper faults ie. moire, fast shutter colour shifts, asymmetric stitching, ill balanced body, etc).
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 9:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx
Sad to hear tksuther, as from what I gather from your other posts, it seems you got a particularly bad sample - one seemingly with a genuine fault (and not just paper faults ie. moire, fast shutter colour shifts, asymmetric stitching, ill balanced body, etc).
Here is a link to some shots with the D70 I returned. Comments are welcome and appreciated. I will be buying another D70 outfit in the future. As I said I really like using the camera but not happy with the inconsistency of the results. http://www.pbase.com/tandh/nikon_d70
Old Apr 25, 2004, 9:47 PM   #6

Default Why a 4 second exposure with a flash???

OK, so the picture has some strange colors, but why (assuming the Exif information is correct) did you take a 4 second exposure with a flash??? Ary you sure the camera or psubjects didn't move during that 4 seconds?

Willie
unclewillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 9:50 PM   #7

Default Hood on?

My lat post was on the baby photo.

Also, did you have a hood on in this photo:
http://www.pbase.com/image/28295379

The kit lens shouldn't block the flash, but a hood definitely will.

Willie
unclewillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2004, 11:16 PM   #8

I agree with unclewillie about the 4 sec. exposure time and a flash. The only way I could see that happening is if the baby was photographed in a low light situation and the mode dial was set to night portrait.

The hues on the grey t-shirt appear to be a moire issue as well with the rocks on the outdoor shot. My only though on the baby's face color is that the flash on the skin. I don't know how old the child is, but babys skin nortoriously does not photograph well with a direct close flash. I think because the skin is so light on the face that the reflection caused a color shift. Notice how the back of the head has a normal tone. It looks like because of the hair, the flash is not hitting as much direct skin.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2004, 1:27 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrawley
I agree with unclewillie about the 4 sec. exposure time and a flash. The only way I could see that happening is if the baby was photographed in a low light situation and the mode dial was set to night portrait.

The hues on the grey t-shirt appear to be a moire issue as well with the rocks on the outdoor shot. My only though on the baby's face color is that the flash on the skin. I don't know how old the child is, but babys skin nortoriously does not photograph well with a direct close flash. I think because the skin is so light on the face that the reflection caused a color shift. Notice how the back of the head has a normal tone. It looks like because of the hair, the flash is not hitting as much direct skin.
I don't know why the 4 seconds. I was in "P" mode with the flash on. Hmmmmmm... Anyway, I hope my replacement works well. Thanks for the feedback!