Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 10, 2004, 1:01 PM   #21

I'm glad they're gone, too. I hope whoever set up the site is caught and gets jail time, too.

Still be very wary anytime you see a D70 or D100 at an excellent price.
yucateco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 12:44 AM   #22

hey! I just placed an order with fine-tronics.com about 15 minutes ago. They sent me the first email and haven't sent me the one telling me where to send the payment to yet. Now that I have read up about it, it does seem to good to be true. I think it would be best to cancel my order. I dont want to risk it. What should I do to cancel the order since they have no phone number? I would really appreciate some help. Now I am worried.
jakethesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 2:20 AM   #23

I wouldn't bother cancelling the order. You might want to file a complaint with the FTC.

You have to mistrust any "company" that switches domains within a couple months of registering the domain (finetronics.com to fine-tronics.com).
yucateco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 10:54 PM   #24

So what happened with your order?

I just placed an order with them. ( for D70 kit ) I sent email and got quick response. They claim they send all the straps, covers, batteries etc that normally come with the camera and a Nikon US 1 yr warrenty. Yes price and shipping is very, verygood. My biggest concern is that they don't accept CC, want a moneygram transfer.

Just read some of the other comments regarding new site, change of web site, and non existant address.

Thanks let us know what happened.

ccape4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 11:21 PM   #25

Hi ccape4,

I pulled these items from their website...

Excerpt from http://www.fine-tronics.com website, FAQ:

What payment methods do you accept?
Due to the high risk of credit card fraud we accept payments only via MoneyGram money transfer service.

Excerpt from http://www.fine-tronics.com website, Feedback:

"The item purchased was exactly as described; it was shipped immediately and received as scheduled. The shipping is fast and safe as is the credit card transaction."

Monica Andrews, Henderson NV

Interesting to note the credit card discrepancy?? :-? As usual, if it sounds too good to be true...it is.
edorfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 4:24 PM   #26

Thanks everyone for saving me from getting ripped off. I was about to buy a D70 from them because of the low price. After reading your email I sent fine-tronics.com an email and asked them to comment on the quotes on this site. Here is the email I sent + theresponse I received from them (their last line is the kicker):

-----Original Message-----

mailto:[email protected]]

Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 3:45 PM

To: Matthew S.

Subject: Re[4]: NIkon D70

Hello Matthew,

MS> I am interested in ordering but am concerned about the following

MS> website info I found about your company

MS>
http://www.photo.net/neighbor/view-one.tcl?neighbor_to_neighbor_id=1

MS> 99170

MS> Please address these comments before I order.

MS> Thanks,

MS> Matt

We tried to talk with this people, but vainly and we are carrying on negotiations with the administration of photo.net to delete this mendacious topic from their site. It's blatant lie and provocation from our unscrupulous competitors.

Anyway, it's only your choice whom you will trust.

Regards,

Anne, Sales manager
mailto:[email protected]

--------------
mscruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:47 AM   #27

They have changed thier name to Digi-best.info (aka digibest.net) and are still using the same tactics. BEWARE
jim fleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:48 AM   #28

whether it's digibest, digi-best. finetronics, or fine-tronics, their language is all the same, asare their tactics. I have informed google, moneygram and the ftc. hopefully someone will catch these scum...
Old Aug 31, 2004, 1:25 PM   #29

http://www.resellerratings.comis a very valuable tool when making an online purchase of this amount. I checked loads of sellers that I found on froogle and it seems like everyone offering the kit for less than around$1200 had a real bad rep.
bigconig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2004, 7:15 PM   #30

They have changed their name to SUNLIGHTICS. same tactics, same scum.

Heck they even responded by mistake with their OTHER company SLANDWATCHES, which I assume preys on people trying to buy cheap Swiss watches.

These guys are smart, crafty, persistent and baaaaad.