Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 30, 2004, 2:55 PM   #1

Default Got my replacement - WOW!

I just picked-up my replacement D70 (finally one arrived) - an unopened box. All I can say is WOW what a difference (so far)! No backfocus (comparing like photos with original camera) and no color washout. And overall better clarity and color. Also, I didn't realize until I used the replacement camera, but the original camera didn't allow me to adjust the shutter speed and f/stop in the "P" mode. Anyway, I've only shot about 30 pictures, but so far I feel like I'm using a camera that behaves very different. I'll keep experimenting and post some shots but so far it looks like my first camera/lens was somehow defective. Thanks to those of you that encouraged me to get a replacement!
tksuther is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2004, 4:34 PM   #2

Congs...for your replacement.
Be happy and post your photos...
You are lucky....... :lol:
The Conqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 4:53 PM   #3

It's always great to hear happy ending story...

Cheers 8)
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2004, 10:02 PM   #4

Default Re: Got my replacement - WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksuther
I just picked-up my replacement D70 (finally one arrived) - an unopened box. All I can say is WOW what a difference (so far)! No backfocus (comparing like photos with original camera) and no color washout. And overall better clarity and color. Also, I didn't realize until I used the replacement camera, but the original camera didn't allow me to adjust the shutter speed and f/stop in the "P" mode. Anyway, I've only shot about 30 pictures, but so far I feel like I'm using a camera that behaves very different. I'll keep experimenting and post some shots but so far it looks like my first camera/lens was somehow defective. Thanks to those of you that encouraged me to get a replacement!
I might have the same problem, how do you adjust f/stop & shutter speed in "P" mode? Can't figure it out! Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance!
private is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2004, 1:56 PM   #5

private,

Command dial for f/stop
Sub command dial for shutter.
Unless you reversed them in the menu settings.
EasyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2004, 11:20 PM   #6

In program mode, the command dial alters both aperture and shutter - as the camera would have to balance the two for the proper exposure. Also a funky looking P icon on the top LCD display indicates changes to the standard camera selected values.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2004, 7:05 AM   #7

Oh, I forgot to mention what Onyx said... I reversed mine to test it out, and forgot I did. Then it drove me crazy for 15 minutes trying to figure out why
it wasn't working right.

Ray
EasyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2004, 1:15 PM   #8

WOOOHOOO! I just picked up my D70 this morning after my son's doctor appointment. I have the battery plugged in here next to me at work. I can't wait to play with it tonight at his t-ball practice.

My wife was silent as I made the purchase but I bought the outfit, 70-300mm G, extra battery, Nikon Capture, a 1 gig CF card (the guy took $20 off), a circular polarizer for each lens, and an SB-800. He threw in the bad and batteries for the flash.
dcrawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2004, 1:31 PM   #9

dcrawley wrote:
Quote:
WOOOHOOO! I just picked up my D70 this morning after my son's doctor appointment. I have the battery plugged in here next to me at work.I can't wait to play with it tonight at his t-ball practice.

Congratz on the purchase! I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I know I am!
private is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2004, 1:54 PM   #10

My wife was silent...

You are lucky, mine would have been screeming like hell if i would have spent $2kon toys in one shot.
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote