Today Nikon released an update for Capture. Details from their site:
What is new/Content Description
If Nikon Capture version 4.1.2 is to be used in combination with Nikon View, please be sure that you are using Nikon View version 6.2.0 or later.
There are numerous feature additions and improvements to this new version of Nikon Capture.
- Image files now open faster in the Nikon Capture Editor when using Windows XP and Windows 2000. [/*]
- The following infrequent problems, with the 'Use Save Progress Window' option in the Preferences dialog, have been corrected. [/*]
- When Batch processing was performed with 'NEF (Nikon Electronic Image Format)' selected for 'Save as type' and 'Lossless' selected for compression type in the Batch dialog, images were sometimes saved with no compression applied. [/*]
- When exiting Nikon Capture Editor with unsaved images still open the 'Save changes before closing' confirmation dialog was displayed, however images were not saved even when the 'Yes' button was clicked.
- When adjusting image resolution using the Size/Resolution palette with 'Keep my crop' selected, the image display ratio (zoom ratio) was sometimes vastly increased. This problem has been corrected. [/*]
- When Keywords or Captions was edited, this sometimes prevented the image from being opened in third party image-management applications, this problem has been corrected.
Compatible OS platform
Pre-Installed versions of:
- Windows XP Home Edition [/*]
- Windows XP Professional [/*]
- Windows 2000 Professional [/*]
- Windows ME Windows 98 SE [/*]
- Mac OS 9.0.4 or later (with CarbonLib 1.5 or later) [/*]
- Mac OS X (version 10.1.3 or later)
(D1-series camera control not supported with Mac OS X version 10.1.4 or earlier, camera control only supported with D100 with Firmware 2.0 or higher.) [/*]
Memory requirements under Mac OS X have increased to a minimum of 256MB of RAM (768MB or more recommended) and recommended memory allocation for Nikon Capture 4 Camera Control has been increased to 64MB or more and to 512MB or more for Nikon Capture Editor under Mac OS 9.
Note that memory requirements for Windows have increased to a minimum of 256MB of RAM (768MB or more recommended).
USA Windows: http://www.nikonusa.com/software/NC412_up.zip
USA Mac: http://www.nikonusa.com/software/NC412_up.sit