Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 14, 2002, 8:28 PM   #1

Default File numbering question on d100

Here are 2 questions --
when putting in compact flash such as sandisk ultra256 card in the D100 camera shows there are 75 shots available on formatted card but when I fill the card and download to mac version 9.2and open up in PS7. I bypass Nikon view Five -- its too buggy and painfully slow. .I get abt 120 images rather than what I thot would be 75 images. Camera is set with fine mode large file and why would this be so ? Is this a possible firmware bug ? I have an early model of the d100 which was ordered back in july
2nd question -every time i down load images
and empty the card the file naming starts from scratch .. Is there something in menu that would allow me to set it so that i would have continuous numbering system (like the 990 coolpixwhich went from 1 to 10,000 imgs)and not start over each time I empty card? Thanks Toarto

[Edited on 9-15-2002 by toarto]
toarto is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2002, 2:47 AM   #2

Can't answer No1 but my coolpix990 did the same with a 128MB card [cheap one -that won't work with the D100]. No problems with the D100.

re No2. You go to the CSM menu and select option 5 to on [File No. Seq.]
neilrobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2002, 5:38 AM   #3

Thanks for the tip /answer on number 2- Toarto
Old Sep 15, 2002, 5:48 AM   #4
NHL

toarto

Question #1 is typical of formatting problem (ie did you format the card from the camera?)

Formatting the card from other source will confuse the camera OS, and eventually you'll see pictures disappearing from under! BTW it's also a good practice to re-format the card from the camera each time rather than deleting individual pictures... (remember defrag?)

[Edited on 9-15-2002 by NHL]
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2002, 11:46 AM   #5

Thanks ,that"s interesting ! Makes me wonder if this happened also because recently I would delete from card reader Zio! . perhaps this confused camera as well . Had put in lexar card 128x4 and it showed up as 38 so I think whatI am going to do is reset camera at default settings and go from there . Will let you guys know how it goes !
Old Sep 15, 2002, 7:12 PM   #6

Hi again - Had reset the camera settings and noticed that the resolution default was medium. It jumped up to 140 . The setting I chose was large resolution which made setting go down to 75. Downloads amount vary because of different info gathered by camera at each shot taken. So all is well there !Thanks for your tips !! Toarto