Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 25, 2004, 9:30 PM   #1

Ok, so I bought my D70... Very pleased with it so far BUT, I'm an OLD Nikon user (F2S with an MD2 in the closet) and I'm used to the case where I just pop the top off (it hangs down) and I take a picture with the camera, the pop the case back over it and walk on... The "real" case for the D70 appears to be a drop in and I'm not really interested in that kind of case..

Is it just me or did people dislike that old case to the point they just want the drop in (temba, etc)...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary Miyakawa
Gary Miyakawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2004, 12:53 AM   #2

The official Nikon case for the D70 is utter crap from what I've heard. The one meant for the D100 however is great, and fits the D70 quite well with the 18-70 kit lens.

Others may recommend third party photo bag manufacturers such as Lowepro, which has outstanding built quality and stitching from my experience of their smaller camera pouches (my P&S). I use a modular off-the-shoulder Canon bag, it has a main compartment with room for the camera and lens attached plus space for lens hood & caps, and the other 3 pockets that wrap around this main bag can be detached and made into a waist belt/fanny pack type thing. It's meant for a DRebel I believe. Pity Nikon don't make something similar.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2004, 9:30 PM   #3

I'm NOT looking for a drop in bag.. I'm looking for a camera case that allows me to use the camera with out the whole case being removed. (like my F2S did)...

My research (thanks to Onyx) leads me to the CF-D100 case for the D100. This appears to be close to what I need.

Has anyone tried this combination ? I'm watching Ebay to see if one comes up "inexpensive" for me to try.

Thanks to all !

Gary Miyakawa
Old Jul 13, 2004, 7:13 PM   #4

I'll bump this one back up. I just got my D100 case for my D70 and it fits well. It's still not as "easy" as I would like but it does make it one piece so I'm not carrying a "bag" for the camera.. Thanks for the lead Onyx for the "lead" !

BTW, does anyone make a "clip on" battery holder that will hold one EN3 on the camera strap ?

Thanks again!

Gary Miyakawa
Old Jul 14, 2004, 10:02 AM   #5

Check this site out:

http://www.asvd07.dsl.pipex.com/d70bags.htm

Shows lots of bags with D70's plus gear.

DanielM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2004, 10:33 AM   #6

I did look at that site, but again, those are all bags and I was specifically looking for a camera case. Thanks for the site, I'm sure it will help lots of people !

Gary Miyakawa
Old Jul 14, 2004, 2:05 PM   #7

This is the one I used:

http://www.adorama.com/TR605GY.html

Cheers
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 2:24 PM   #8

Is the D100 caselike the "old" cases where it screws into the tripod mount and the front drops over like you described? Like you, I do not want to carry a bag, just want to protect my camera...
jspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 2:32 PM   #9

jspoon wrote:
Quote:
Is this like the "old" cases where it screws into the tripod mount and the front drops over like you described? Like you, I do not want to carry a bag, just want to protect my camera...

Case does a little to protect the camera, a good bag does a good job.

I don't consider custom case for any of my SLR or DSLR, always carry a bag, a good AW bag, custom case can not fit camera with battery grip attached. D70 still has this option for the near future.

In the end, it's up to you, purely your personal taste...:|
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote