Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 29, 2004, 2:33 PM   #1

I was concerned that my D70 had a tilted display or view finder because I was gettingsome shots that were showing up tilted. I set up some tests and then saw something that I had not noticed before. There is a very faint line that travels from the bottom of the view finder to the center bracket to illuminate it(if you have that one set to focus to). If you shift the focus to a different area, then the line goes from a new location to the area that you are focusing. That line, is not in the center of the display exactly, it is slightly to the left. On some of my shot if i am lining them up vertically, I have a feeling that I am usiing the top tick mark (center) and the bottom line (off center) and that is causing the shift. It is a dumb mistake I suppose, but it is hard to disregard a vertical line when alighning shots for me???

Might be dumb...thought i would share though

Thanks

Daniel
DanielM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 29, 2004, 10:40 PM   #2

You're very observant! Might also like to refer to page 8 of your user manual for reassurance too.

Have you tried turning gridlines on? At first I found it hindered my shooting, but I persisted and now find it helps. YMMV
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 11:48 PM   #3

Yes I shoot with them on full time..very helpful. I did not notice that section in the manual...thanks for the info.
DanielM3 is offline   Reply With Quote