Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 3, 2004, 10:44 PM   #1

I shot some portraits the other day with my D70 and after reviewing the photos, I was a little disappointed by the amount of noise in some of the shots. All the shots were taken with an ISO no greater than 300 with pretty good lighting conditions-but noise creeped up in alot of the shots i took that were darker. (mainly in the shadowy parts of skin tones) is there something I can do to reduce the noise??
deaddack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2004, 7:51 AM   #2

any sample that we can see ?
civil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 9:33 AM   #3

deaddack wrote:
Quote:
I shot some portraits the other day with my D70 and after reviewing the photos, I was a little disappointed by the amount of noise in some of the shots. All the shots were taken with an ISO no greater than 300 with pretty good lighting conditions-but noise creeped up in alot of the shots i took that were darker. (mainly in the shadowy parts of skin tones) is there something I can do to reduce the noise??

bub...

stop asking the silly question from the left field...if you serious about getting the answer for this type of question, then post your "dang" pictures, no one can help you if they can't see what the "heck" you're talking about???

Nothing personal but I 've seen two many questions asking for your imagination to solve the problem.

have you ever try to eat jello using chopstick?:-)

Cheers

tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 1:09 AM   #4

If you're unhappy with the shadow details/noise in portrait situation, it's where fill flash helps the most. Dial in -1.0 to -1.7FV with the built-in flash, and you'll get more "natural" looking light.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2004, 10:37 PM   #5

Hey-
sorry I can't post any sample pics with the noise problems (still a work in progress)
But Onyx, thanks for the flash tip! I've tried it out and it worked great!
deaddack is offline   Reply With Quote