Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 4, 2004, 6:53 AM   #1
km

here is a link to a fireworks show. made this real quick from basic jpg files the camera makes when using the raw + jpg. they were resized, sharpened and compressed in Irfranview so the quality is not perfect. just a show for online viewing. pictures were taken with zoom lens at 100mm, ISO 200, 4 to 10 sec exposure, was very windy evening so you can see the blowing of the trails.
http://www.keithmillerphotography.com/fireworks
km is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 5, 2004, 6:05 AM   #2

Some lovely shots there - congratulations. Could you let us know what lens and settings you used? I have just got my D70 and am learning, so all information is useful.

Thanks
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 6:16 AM   #3

Nice fireworks km. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2004, 8:21 PM   #4
km

I was about 4 miles away from the show when I took those pictures. this show has large fireworks over the water. I used my cheap lens for these pictures. the nikkor 28-100 f3.5-5.6 G
I had the focal length set at 100mm because of the distance from the show. shot from a tripod at f16 most were 4 second exposures but a few were exposed for 10 seconds. to make that quick page I used the basic jpg pictures. I shot them in raw+jpg. I realize it isn't the best way to get high quality, but it is quick and simple for web work. I will be printing some of them from the nef files.
km is offline   Reply With Quote