Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 11, 2004, 3:54 AM   #1

I bought the D70 outfit for about a week, it is so great and I like it very much. But I go through all the settings in the menu and the manual, I just can't find out how I can set the date stamp print on the images! By the way, its firmware has already been upgraded. The file saved to the CF card do contain all the information including the date and time, but I need it show on the image! I hope that it is just my mistake to miss this important setting! Can any Pro here help me out? Thanks a lot!
jason_wyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 11, 2004, 7:43 AM   #2

I read over the entire D70 manual as well as Thom Hogan's "Complete Guide to the Nikon D70" and it is my conclusion that you can not get the time/date stamp to be added to each image.

I suppose with Photoshop you could accomplish this, but that would be very time consuming.
Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 9:52 AM   #3

If you have a Canon printer as I do, the easy photo print utility has the option of adding the date and/or time of picture taken when printing.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 4:18 PM   #4

Hi Jason Wyx,

Can you please explain why you need the date?

Most photographers do nothave date/time on photos, it seems, these days.

Just curious....

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2004, 5:15 PM   #5

Thank you, guys!

Hi, digcamfan,
the reason I need the date stamp is simple because I use the camera to shoot for my son (ten months old now). The date tells a lot, especially when we look at the photos again one day at about 10 or 20 years later. To me, the camera records my family's life and the life style in 21 century.
Old Jul 12, 2004, 6:12 PM   #6

Have not seen a way to do it like on the point and shoots. Depending on the software you use you can insert the date and time in the file name.

I do this with Nikon transfer my file name is D70"Shooting Date and Time" you can even define the format.

In Nikon Capture just change the "Download Options" . May not be the ideal but if you don't change the file name you will always have a time date stamp.
goodrich62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 7:07 PM   #7

One of my favorite tools is Exifer.. http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

One of it's many features is that it allows you to watermark your pictures with the data from the exif fields.

Another feature it has is the ability to rename your files based upon the exif data so you can put the date and time in the name of the file.

The price is right too. It's free.

CastleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2004, 11:03 PM   #8

Jason:

I also have the nikon d70 and have a 3 year old at home. Dating photos is something i also do to keep a timeline. My oldest son is 13 and I wish that some photos were dated I took back when he was smaller. I use the program "Easy Photo Print" that came with my friends Canon digital rebel camera software sshhh......... it has an icon on the toolbar you click on to have the date put in the lower left hand corner, and it gives you the option to change the size, font ect. Hope that helps you. If all else fails email me at [email protected] and i'll set you up with a copy. Chris
jcarboski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2004, 1:53 AM   #9

Hi, CastleDude,

Thank you to help me out! I download the Exifer, it is pretty good, but my computer is too slow now,plus the images are large, so it takes a long time to add the date stamp on each of the images. Maybe it force me to upgrade my computer too.

Hi, jcarboski,

Thank you for your information about the sshhh... software! I will try to from my friends, so that I can try and compare it with the Exifer. Enjoy your life with the great things arround you!