Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 24, 2004, 4:08 PM   #1

I would like to keep all Nikon glass on my D70 but it appears that the only 67mm filters that Nikon makes is the kit for the 5700. Has anyone tried the 5700 filters on the D70 kit lens? If so, how well did they work (sharpness, color, etc.?)

If not, any recommendations for a REALLY good 67mm UV and circular polarizer.

I am new to the forum (and the D70) so I did a cursory search but did not see any postings on this question. I apologise if I just missed it and it has already been covered.

I currently have the kit lens and the 70-300 ED. I have the big, heavy Nikon circular polarizer for the 70-300 but nothing on the 18-70.

Thanks

akers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2004, 11:20 PM   #2

B+W and Hoya make really good filters, my personal preference goes towards B+W. Have you actually tried to use the filter on the D70's kit lens? If both filter and lens are 67mm then I don't see a problem in using it on the kit lens, plus it doesn't cost anything to try :|
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2004, 11:27 PM   #3

I don't know that my dealer will break open the 5700 kit so I can try it.

I have a 62mm Hoya UV and polarizer that did not work worth a hoot on the 70-300. I actually thought I had a defective lens until I took the filter off and tried it. I did not put both on at teh same time but one or the other was on the lens for the first 50-60 photos.

I gave my old Olympus E10 with ALL the accessories to my daughter, the 62mm Hoyas work just fine on the Oly.

akers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 3:22 AM   #4

From www.nikonians.org forums - it's been reported that the 67mm filter meant for the Coolpix 5700 will work, however due to its inferior optical quality it's undesireable for use with the 18-70 on a D70. Your mileage may vary.
Onyx is offline   Reply With Quote