Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 9, 2004, 1:39 AM   #1

Hi all, quick question regarding the D70. I am using a Minolta Dimage A2 at the moment for aerial photography aboard a RC helicopter. I want to step up and use the d70. My only concern is that of the LCD output on the d70. On the A2 I externally view the lcd outputon a monitorto frame my shots from the ground, can the d70 do this?? I know the digital rebel (another cam I was considering) cant. I dont know much about photography, my partner handles that aspect but I am trying to track down a new camera to use.

Thanks for any input

Tabb
tabbytabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2004, 7:37 AM   #2

In a word....NO

They just can't make a DSLR that can do that. That I know about..

Ray
EasyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:01 AM   #3

No live preview on DSLR, you have to very much rely on the optical view finder when you shoot, but it's better that way...at least for critial AF or MF.
tuanokc@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 8:11 AM   #4

I have a solution for you. It is not very easy, but it works. Since your application requires quite a bit of modification (remote camera trigger, mount, etc), you may be willing to do this:

Use a small video or security camera and attach it to the back of the D70 so it actually looks through the D70's viewfinder. Then, you can simply watch the video from the video camera.

This trick has been used quite a bit in my world of video production - when using a film camera with a simple optical viewfinder.

Darrell
Darrell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 4:20 PM   #5

Darrell, that is what it looks like I will have to do. For ease of removing the camera I will probably just mount my wireless preview camera off to the side so it gets almost the same FOV as the DSLR.

Now, anyone know how easy or hard it is to hack a remote electronic trigger for the d70??

Thanks

Tabb
tabbytabb is offline   Reply With Quote