Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 12, 2004, 2:16 PM   #1

I just ordered a New USA (not gray market) D-100 and it will come with two Sigma len's. A 28 to 80 "aspherical macro HF" and also a Sigma 70 to 300 "macro super II.
I wanted a D-100 because I already own a Nikon AF nikkor 24 to 120 3.5 to 5.6 D lens with Nikon HB-11 hood & a L37c filter. I also aready own a Nikon SB-28DX flash. These do not function very well on a D-70 so I opted for the D-100.
I have the 8700 Nikon and it does A very good job of pictures but when I do pets or children that do a lot of action it just takes an hour to do what My friends D-70 will do for Me in a few minuites. I was OK until I borrowed that camera from Him.
I almost always use shutter priorety and center weight meter so all of the extra stuff on the D-70 would be a waste for Me anyway. It is nice though. He bought the D-70 with Lens and A Nikon SB-800 flash. It cost Him almost $2000.00 with the Tax at our local camera store. I'm getting this set of camera and the two len's delivered for $1489.00. My local store wanted $1,499.99 plus tax which would have been $1,597.49 for just the camera.
I'll sure let everybody know when I recieve this and use it. If anybody out there in Stevy- Digiland uses these len's maybe You can let Me know if they are any good at all.
Thanks, Ronnie
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 12, 2004, 7:49 PM   #2

Ronnie948,
I have a D70 and one of my lenses is the 70-300 APO super II macro.
These are two shots taken at 300mm maximum zoom. You can judge
for yourself when you get yours but here they are.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...49&forum_id=11

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...51&forum_id=11

Enjoy your new Toy.

Ray
EasyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2004, 8:40 PM   #3

Thanks Easy Ray!!!!!
Those pictures look very good to me. I'm sure I will be happy with what I'm getting. The price I'm paying is like getting the two len's for free anyway. You are a good photographer to set up the tripod and keep Your cool to get photo's like that. Thanks again for the feedback
Ronnie :|
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote