Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 3, 2004, 3:31 AM   #1

I've been all over the net looking for a good deal on a D70 kit (with lens, battery, charger, software, etc - sealed box, US warrenty) I either find the stores have opened the boxes and want to sell you everything including the packing for a additional price, or no matter when you call they won;t be in stock till next Tuesday, when you call back on Weds they won;t be in til next Weds, etc. I've had some advice on checking up on stores, no matter who they are, even the well known ones from Shutterbug there's always some negitive reviews. Is it possible to get this kit for less than the list of $1299? I just sold my Dimage 7i and am now camera-less, I'm anxious to get the camera, but due to several factors I find myself on a temporarily depleeted budget. Any help steering me to a good supplier/price would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Todd
Upalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2004, 9:44 PM   #2

Check this out. http://www.usaphotonation.com/search...referer=google
Old Sep 14, 2004, 11:57 PM   #3

:sad: Checkout resellerratings.com before you deal with this company.
bharritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2004, 9:22 AM   #4

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller8278.html
Challenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 9:15 AM   #5

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...p;keyword1=d70

Fatwallet is your friend. Signup for email alerts using 'd70' or teh like. Anyone paying retail price for a camera is getting ripped. But likewise, purchasing from a grey market dealer is just as stupid. If you're patient, a deal like the one above will come along again.
homersapien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 2:43 PM   #6

I was chasing a similar "too good to be true" deal on the D70 and discovered bad things about the site doing the selling. I ended up getting it from RitzCamera.com on a price match to fotoconnection . com. The price they ended up at was $1142.60, which isn't the price on that site... but I'm good with that price. I dealt with Kyle.
convergent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 1:00 PM   #7

I just ordered (it's on it's way!!) the D70 from www.onecall.com for about $1185 total. I can't wait!! I think the price is still good but they're out of stock.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 10:55 AM   #8

Camera arrived fine from Ritz at the price I listed above. They also don't charge tax or shipping... so that was the total price.
convergent is offline   Reply With Quote